You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 3rd Oct 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The frustration today was seeing us so bad against a City team that don't look very dangerous.  None of their players unduly worried me, had we played with less nightmare mistakes and more confidence then we could and should have smashed four against them.  The mis-match with Foden and Milner just made them look overall superior because it happened so often.  

City are a mile off what they once were.  

I thought Silva was outstanding and he hurt us a lot. Outstanding player. Foden is a prick, totally macunian, screaming at the ref all game. 

Our subs made no difference to us again.

Why the fuck did we keep some of these duds when it was clear Klopp didn’t trust them last year.

They should have been punted as soon as last season ended and replaced with players who’d make a difference.

Give Mo the half a mill a week he wants and put a big looming problem to bed. 

25 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I thought Silva was outstanding and he hurt us a lot. Outstanding player. Foden is a prick, totally macunian, screaming at the ref all game. 

It was criminal of Henderson to let Silva get away from him for that run.  

Henderson was abysmal, as was Jones, so any praise for Man City has to be tempered against the fact we had no midfield to speak of, and a decent City team scores more than two. 

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Why the fuck did we keep some of these duds when it was clear Klopp didn’t trust them last year.

They should have been punted as soon as last season ended and replaced with players who’d make a difference.

The transfer management past three years has been a fucking disgrace

• Downvote 1

Should have won that game, no excuses. Twice we had the lead and just like at brentford, we let it slip.

Said to my mates at the ground before kick off, I fancied us to win 3-2. So close and if Fabinho had been switched on at the far post for the 2nd week going, we would have. Might seem harsh on him but he took an age to react to that loose ball on the edge of the 6 yard box at 2-2.

I got in the ground ok this time. There was a small queue to get in turnstile K but there seemed a long snaking queue to get in the Annie Road where a couple of my mates are.

Inside, the lads who sit next to me said one of them had taken a screen shot of their bar code, shoved their phone in the reader with NFC off and got in ok. Seems that's how the touts are getting round this thing. Certainly the turnstile reader acted very quickly compared to previous home games so may be they turned up the power as well?

A nice tribute to Sir Roger by everyone in the ground as well.

Overall, I thought the first half was a very cagey affair with neither team throwing caution to the wind and seemingly feeling each other out. city did seem to enjoy a bit more possession and threat in the last 15 minutes of the half. Ive seen some reports suggest they dominated the first 45 minutes. Have to disagree with that.

Sadio and Jota were both disappointing and I thought if that continued into the 2nd half, one or both may be hooked. But, the 2nd half was completely different to the first. We looked far more dangerous and maybe both Sadio and Jota had been told by Jurgen to get in the game as they seemed more lively.

Jota had a good opportunity on the edge of the box but either indecision or wanting too much time saw the chance snuffed out. 5 minutes later when a 2nd chance came, he didnt waste it and cracked off a shot quickly that Ederson smothered.

We were then treated to a moment of brilliance when a break down the right saw Mo play a fantastic ball into sadio's path who promptly poked the ball past the advancing Ederson. A great ball by Mo and a great finish by Sadio.

But the lead didnt last long which is majorly disappointing. I didnt have that good a view as the goal was down the Kop end. It seemed like a bit of play around the edge of our box fell to Foden who shot at goal. It looked to have Alli beat but I dont know if it was going in. It seemed like the ball cannoned off Jones who couldnt do anything to stop it ending in the net. Reports seem to say the goal was directly from Foden's strike but all around me thought it was an oggie or took a big deflection.

The disappointment of conceeding that goal didnt last too long as another great piece of play down the right gave Mo the chance to skip inside the city defence and hit a beautiful goal across Ederson and just inside the far post. What a hit that was.

I dont often subscribe to this view but, FSG, just give Mo what he wants. Dont piss about arguing the tosh whether the boy is worth it. He is, no doubt. We dont have any other players in our team, good as they are, who can really command the wedge Mo deserves. There's probably only van Dijk and even then, Id say he isnt even close to Mo. Make it so. If Mo leaves or is allowed to leave, it will be a tragedy.

We should really have held out for the win. Two seasons ago, Im convinced we would have. But we seem to be shipping needless goals. No one convinces me Havertz's goal wasnt preventable. All 3 of Brentford's goals, the same.

Mo lost the ball down near me but city were still 70 yards from our goal. Henderson misses a challenge to clear on the half way line. Still city come forward. In the middle of the pitch, it seemed Fabinho had a chance to intercept the ball but somehow the ball escaped him. Even then when De Bruyne had a shot it seemed to ricochet off someone and ended up in the net.

I keep saying this but it seems to me no one in our team knows how to block tackle. It seems to me we lose a high percentage of 50 / 50 tackles and today's game seemed no different. Time after time 1 or 2 of our players surrounded the city player with the ball yet somehow, the city player seemed to retain possession and skipped clear.

The big talking point in the game was whether Milner should have got a 2nd yellow. Im not sure what the incident was but did notice Guardiola going ballistic and making a kicking movement.

It also seems some dirty twat decided to take a gob at one of the city backroom staff. Seriously, where do these knuckle heads come from? Stop bringing the club down to your level.

MoTM has to be Mo who, although he has a relatively quiet game, had two pieces of sublime skill that should have won us 3 points.

P_20211003_162837.jpg

• Upvote 2

Oh, and Jordan Henderson has been fucking awful all season. One lucky footballer him getting that armband when he did and being surrounded by injury prone shite. 

Has he had a concussion and has come back thinking he’s Steven Gerrard?

Another one who should be looking over his shoulder next summer.

4 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I think they made us worse

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-V said:

I think they made us worse

I should have said that.

We’ve got lunatics who still think Firmino’s this game changer. He’s been shite since before kiev. Exactly the age when Brazilian forwards forget how to kick a ball. 

Gomez has always been terrible at right back. He still can’t read the flight of a ball once it goes higher than 6 foot. His positioning was awful again today.

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think the only plausible explanation for Milner not getting a second yellow is that the ref gave the foul by Henderson about a second earlier. 

Henderson shit out of the tackle so why would he even get a foul against him.

That ref hadn't given a red card in ages that's the only reason he didn't give one.  Silva could have had a second yellow some time after for a challenge and didn't either.

• Upvote 1

For their second goal, it was a throw in to them at their left full. 2 seconds later, it was in midfield with half our team ahead of the ball. Why the fuck were our front 3 pressing their defence on their throw in with 5 mins to go when we were a goal up? Let them throw it back and actually force them to do so and we defend the spaces. Also, Joe gomez tries to step up and play offside just as de bruyne played it over the top. What the actual fuck. Just drop in and defend in a line. The other back 3 were all 3 yards deeper anyway. That was a huge error. They oil cheating cunts did get lucky with the ball landing on de bruynes foot and even more so with the deflection. Frustrating and a fair result in equal measure. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Fuck knows what this place will be like when we actually lose. We weren't great, City are a good team (they'd only conceded one before today), but we still should have won had it not been for a brilliant clearance. Enjoy Salah's goal as the thing of beauty it was.

100%, lucky to be level at ht but much better 2nd half and if Fabinho had a left foot we would have won.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

For their second goal, it was a throw in to them at their left full. 2 seconds later, it was in midfield with half our team ahead of the ball. Why the fuck were our front 3 pressing their defence on their throw in with 5 mins to go when we were a goal up? Let them throw it back and actually force them to do so and we defend the spaces. Also, Joe gomez tries to step up and play offside just as de bruyne played it over the top. What the actual fuck. Just drop in and defend in a line. The other back 3 were all 3 yards deeper anyway. That was a huge error. They oil cheating cunts did get lucky with the ball landing on de bruynes foot and even more so with the deflection. Frustrating and a fair result in equal measure. 

Jones could have killed that move early on instead he did fuck all and jumped out of the way instead of bringing down the man at one point.

1 minute ago, J-V said:

Jones could have killed that move early on instead he did fuck all and jumped out of the way instead of bringing down the man at one point.

Probably my only criticism of today- our tackling was flimsy to say the least. That moment where Silva kept the ball despite 5 players challenging him sums it up. No way do either of their goals happen if we were stronger in the challenge. 

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think the only plausible explanation for Milner not getting a second yellow is that the ref gave the foul by Henderson about a second earlier. 

Spot on! That’s how I understood the decision.