You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Striker - Final

Bjornebye

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Striker - Final  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Striker

• Pele
    • Marco Van Basten
    • Robert Lewandowski
    • Ronaldo (Brazilian)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/21 at 08:30

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why do you hate him 

I don’t, he’s one of the greatest players ever. One of the greatest strikers ever. Just not quite as great as Pele. 

In the last round, I just went for a pure goalscorer. He was the best overall player in his group but I wanted Gerd Muller in the team. 

Edit: Having said that, I think I’d have gone for Pele in the final anyway. Even is Muller had made it. 

20 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I don’t, he’s one of the greatest players ever. One of the greatest strikers ever. Just not quite as great as Pele. 

In the last round, I just went for a pure goalscorer. He was the best overall player in his group but I wanted Gerd Muller in the team. 

Edit: Having said that, I think I’d have gone for Pele in the final anyway. Even is Muller had made it. 

Agree with all that.

Brazilian Ronaldo, Van Basten and Gerd Muller are three of the greatest players of all time but for me the level below Pele. 

Lots of debates that could go either way like Zidane vs Platini in a greatest eleven, but Pele is one of the first names on the team sheet imo. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Code said:

Not in any particular order

Romario

Batistuta

Del Piero

Eto’o

Puskas

Di Stefano

Eusebio

Nordahl

Vieri

Muller

Kocsis

Trezeguet

Sanchez

Nearly all of the greats mention Di Stefano as the greatest player of all time including Diego and Pele. Some great players on that list, but are you seriously telling me that the players on that list bar Di Stefano are better than Pele?

Not having a go here. You're opinion is as valid as mine, but Pele is far superior to most of the players you mentioned. Eusebio and Puskas would be in the running for a greatest 11, but probably fall short. Batistuta was a good shout. Wonderful player, but again he's the level below Pele. The others on the list were unquestionably world class and outstanding players but not having they were better than Pele. 

An all time XI that doesn’t include Pele is just wrong. Doesn’t matter when he played, who he played against. The king in footballs greatest ever team. Skill, athleticism, awareness etc. he had the absolute lot.

Don’t get me wrong the proper Ronaldo was an amazing player. Probably a better dribbler than Pele, his equal as a finisher. But in every other aspect of the game, Pele was his superior. 

I’m pretty sure Ronaldo would agree. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

An all time XI that doesn’t include Pele is just wrong. Doesn’t matter when he played, who he played against. The king in footballs greatest ever team. Skill, athleticism, awareness etc. he had the absolute lot.

Don’t get me wrong the proper Ronaldo was an amazing player. Probably a better dribbler than Pele, his equal as a finisher. But in every other aspect of the game, Pele was his superior. 

I’m pretty sure Ronaldo would agree. 

Pele never tested himself in Europe. 

9 hours ago, Code said:

Non of these would make my top five list. 

Negged for being a pain in the arse.

8 hours ago, Code said:

Not in any particular order

Romario

Batistuta

Del Piero

Eto’o

Puskas

Di Stefano

Eusebio

Nordahl

Vieri

Muller

Kocsis

Trezeguet

Sanchez

Repped for having a top 5 list that includes 13 players. 

• Upvote 2