You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferdinand: I would take Mo Salah over Luis Suarez

TLW

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

How's Suarez will to win greater than Salah? Because he was a cunt on the pitch? Then yes, but otherwise, I don't know how you'd measure that.

I’m sure they both want to win, it’s just that Suarez’ will was clearly evident on the pitch, it was bursting out of him. 

him running himself into the ground, that determination to be first to everything and chase lost causes despite being kicked to shit constantly and getting nothing. he would just be there shouting at the oppo and his own players demanding 100%. Ive never seen anyone like him play for us. it lifted others around him to another level. Add that to his overall quality and easy to see why we loved him so much and backed him up when the media was all over him. He was just fun to watch.

salah is a much more subdued personality but make no mistake he has that desire to win and be first. I adore him too and both make my all time first 11 (in my lifetime).

10 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Kenny put his reputation and job on the line for Suarez 

I'd be staggered if he didnt appreciate what he did

It’s a shame Kenny didn’t get more time with Kenny and the rest was with a tactically naive Rodgers. 

As much as I appreciate Mo, Suarez is surely the better attacker of the two. There was a time where only Messi and Ronaldo were above him.

Suarez is more clinical for a start whereas Mo needs 3-4 chances in a game to score one. Suarez is also the more technical of the two, he could at his peak dribble past 2-3 players with ease... Remember what he did against ManU for Kuyt's goal.

Although prone to a dive from time to time, he was also solid as an ox and could play beyond the pain barrier.

In this present team, a peak Suarez would have been devastating, I'm sure of this. 

Suarez has scored more than 500 goals in his career, not sure Mo will ever achieve that milestone.

The only advantage Mo has on Suarez is speed and a legendary status at Liverpool.

1 hour ago, KingLuis said:

As much as I appreciate Mo, Suarez is surely the better attacker of the two. There was a time where only Messi and Ronaldo were above him.

Suarez is more clinical for a start whereas Mo needs 3-4 chances in a game to score one. Suarez is also the more technical of the two, he could at his peak dribble past 2-3 players with ease... Remember what he did against ManU for Kuyt's goal.

Although prone to a dive from time to time, he was also solid as an ox and could play beyond the pain barrier.

In this present team, a peak Suarez would have been devastating, I'm sure of this. 

Suarez has scored more than 500 goals in his career, not sure Mo will ever achieve that milestone.

The only advantage Mo has on Suarez is speed and a legendary status at Liverpool.

That Kuyt goal - wasn’t it going in anyway and Dirk tapped it in? Would have been one the greatest PL goals if he left it.

Two unbelievable Liverpool players.

Love them both.

And I never thought I'd love a Liverpool player in the way I loved, say, Kevin Keegan or Ray Kennedy.

Why bother comparing them - unless just for a bit of fun.

I'll content myself with the prospect that Mo, currently a Liverpool player, can - if we make a wish/pray for no significant injuries to our "squad" - help us to a League and European Cup double.

Maybe.

20 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

How's Suarez will to win greater than Salah? Because he was a cunt on the pitch? Then yes, but otherwise, I don't know how you'd measure that.

For me anyway, Salah is the definition of a true professional. He shows up every game and gives his best, never stopping or letting his foot off the gas. Suarez on the other hand approached every game like he was at war and his life literally depended on us winning.

19 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

The best performance I've ever seen when I've been in the ground was Suarez against Zenit in David Brent's first season as manager! I've never seen a player torture a team like that before or since. He was mind blowingly brilliant.

Doesn't change the fact that Mo is ace.

Ironically, his performance against Zenit away was one of his worst, he missed a boat load of sitters. No away goal, and we went out. 

2 hours ago, Boss said:

For me anyway, Salah is the definition of a true professional. He shows up every game and gives his best, never stopping or letting his foot off the gas. Suarez on the other hand approached every game like he was at war and his life literally depended on us winning.

Suarez also has one of the best football brain i've ever seen. Beside his biting habit he knows exactly what to do in every situation... He'll dive, stay on his feet, run, dribble, pass, shoot, waste time, simulate an injury then up in a second to score, taunt the opposition, taunt the opposition fans... Add to this, he is very unselfish compared to Salah, knows how to pass when a team mate is in a better position, free-kick expert, right foot, left foot, good header of the ball... The quasi perfect attacker.

Clearly Suarez was phenomenal, but he was poor by his standards at the end of that 2013/14 season when we most needed him not to be. It’s also sometimes conveniently forgotten that we did pretty well without him during his long suspension at the start of that season. I also find the whole ‘one man team’ narrative of that season disrespectful to Gerrard, among a few others, including Sturridge, who had the season of his life. 

• Upvote 1