54 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Glenn Campbell - By The Time I Get To Phoenix
    • John Secada - Just Another Day
    • Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
    • The Doors - LA Woman
    • The Who - My Generation

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/21 at 07:58

How is anyone meant to pick between My Generation and LA Woman ffs. Sounds of Silence and Just Another Day are great but not on the same level for me. 

LA Woman, just. 

I love Sounds of Silence and LA Woman, but My Generation just grabs you, slaps you round and leaves you shell-shocked* no matter how many times you hear it.

*in a good way

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How is anyone meant to pick between My Generation and LA Woman ffs. Sounds of Silence and Just Another Day are great but not on the same level for me. 

LA Woman, just. 

Just as well we've all heard My Generation since you've not posted the fucking video.

I don't recall hearing that Jon Secada song before, and it won't kill me if i never hear it again. It's a tad bland. I guess it breaks up the obvious choices though, which isn't the worst thing in the world. 

I look forward to the next round when Glen Medeiros' "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For you" is up against Strawberry Fields Forever, Shine on You Crazy Diamond and London Calling...      

• Upvote 2

The people that voted for Sound of Silence wear argyle sweaters and NHS prescription spectacles with white tape fastened around the bridge of the nose. That's all I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

I don't recall hearing that Jon Secada song before, and it won't kill me if i never hear it again. It's a tad bland. I guess it breaks up the obvious choices though, which isn't the worst thing in the world. 

I look forward to the next round when Glen Medeiros' "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For you" is up against Strawberry Fields Forever, Shine on You Crazy Diamond and London Calling...      

Did Code nominate it?

3 hours ago, Boss said:

The people that voted for Sound of Silence wear argyle sweaters and NHS prescription spectacles with white tape fastened around the bridge of the nose. That's all I'm saying.

And that's a good thing right ?

Could maybe go for the Patti Smith version of My Generation but LA Woman beats the Who’s version