Sign in to follow this  
littletedwest

Winter of discontent

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Scary 

Sometimes you can focus so much on how evil she is that you forget she's also as dense as a Boxing Day turd.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Incredible isnt it?

It's like someone shooting you,then taking you to hospital and saying they saved your life.

Just imagine if this utter shit show was happening under a labour gmnt.

'It's plain to see, the sun won't shine today, but I ain't in the mood for sunshine anyway'

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Got some at a Shell garage on Speke boulevard. Neigbour tipped me off. £30 limit. 

It wouldn't be so bad but there aren't nearly as many petrol stations as there were 20 years ago. 

Likewise the schools, half of them have closed in Liverpool over the last few years. I'd love to walk my kids to school but we didn't get into the two nearest ones so we have to drive otherwise I'd be taking my 3 and 7 year olds on two buses and a walk while somehow getting to work and back from the school. 

This is a major problem in Knowsley too. Primary schools aren't too bad, we've three of them within walking distance, but the 2 nearest secondary schools are both around 4 miles away (and both shite, but that's another story).

We take my eldest daughter to school sometimes, but most of the time she uses public transport, but it's 2 buses each way. There did used to be a free school bus, but the trust which runs the school decided the kids round here didn't warrant getting to school safely and for free!

The public transport is also expensive, and a lot of the time packed beyond belief. There are occasions when the buses drive past the kids at the stop.

Cycling is also a no no, the roads are dangerous and there's barely a cycle lane to be seen.

An integrated transport system throughout the Liverpool City area is desperately required but I'm not holding my breath.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's almost like the supposedly low skilled workers aren't the baddies after all. Who'd a thunk it?

rich-man-to-worker-careful-mate-that-for

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's almost like the supposedly low skilled workers aren't the baddies after all. Who'd a thunk it?

Fucking foreigners coming over here and helping the country run smoothly.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Exactly. As with Covid and key workers Brexit has proven the essential worth of low skilled labour, a worth that had been taken for granted for decades.

I'm concerned that this HGV driver issue is going to massively impact Christmas. How the fuck am I gonna cope with no Lynx Africa gift set?

• Upvote 1

They're starting to panic a bit now with 3 month visas and fast track courses for HGV drivers, yet my lad put his forms in 3 weeks ago and is still waiting for any sort of acknowledgement.

The DVLA is a fucking shambles, but with a bellend like Shapps as Transport Secretary,  we can't really expect anything else.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

They're starting to panic a bit now with 3 month visas and fast track courses for HGV drivers, yet my lad put his forms in 3 weeks ago and is still waiting for any sort of acknowledgement.

The DVLA is a fucking shambles, but with a bellend like Shapps as Transport Secretary,  we can't really expect anything else.

How stringent is the medical for that?

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How stringent is the medical for that?

Pretty thorough. He's passed the medical, but the application for the licence so he can start the training is still in the system and you can't get through to them for an update.

The DVLA is so far behind it's ridiculous. My 3 year medical renewal is nowhere to be seen and my licence expired a fortnight ago.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just when you think people cant get any stupider things like this show up. The vast majority of the public have a inexhaustible capacity to behave like morons .