You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter of discontent

littletedwest

7 hours ago, M_B said:

Yeah nothing to see here. The shortage is because of our giant economy waking up and a global lack of drivers.

Who believes this shit honestly?

There genuinely is a global shortage of drivers. However every country on the planet is managing to cope and put a plan in place to deal with it except the one run by Boris Johnson

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

How the fuck have we ended up with this bunch of clueless, selfish, arrogant cunts in charge. 

Probably because we have a sizeable number of clueless, selfish, arrogant cunts in the electorate.

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just watched this interview on Channel 4 News, Gary Gibbon has sussed him. He’s a clueless fuckwit but the joke is on us and British industry.

The question here should be why can't the BBC conduct this type of interview? We're paying for them.

13 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just watched this interview on Channel 4 News, Gary Gibbon has sussed him. He’s a clueless fuckwit but the joke is on us and British industry.

You know you have Boris when he starts pointing his finger.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2021 at 22:37, Anubis said:

Probably because we have a sizeable number of clueless, selfish, arrogant cunts in the electorate.

Partly true although the main reason is because we had/have a bunch of right wing/change uk traitors/charlatans in the Labour Party, a Labour Party who has a whole have never been so distanced from the voters they are supposed to represent. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

BANKERS’ BONUS: Chancellor Rishi Sunak will include measures to keep the City competitive in next week’s budget, cutting a tax surcharge on bank profits to 3 percent from 8 percent. The FT’s George Parker and Stephen Morris have the scoop.

His former employers will be pleased...

BANKERS’ BONUS: Chancellor Rishi Sunak will include measures to keep the City competitive in next week’s budget, cutting a tax surcharge on bank profits to 3 percent from 8 percent. The FT’s George Parker and Stephen Morris have the scoop.

I for one am shocked that not only are we are taking moves to ensure we remain at the epicentre of tax avoidance and money laundering, but that we are also making it more profitable. 

Makes you proud to be British. 

Predictable, Conservative politicians batting for their own side shock.

What a contrast to to the modern day Labour Party, whose rank and file are so detached from it's core vote they pour cold water on pay rises for Construction/Haulage/Retail/Agricultural/Hospitality workers. The type of rises some Labour Party members say may push up inflation and of course the rises will probably only be temporary anyway.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-set-most-widespread-pay-rises-over-decade-cbi-2021-09-19/

Good news. For those genuinely concerned(probably no one) about low paid wage rises pushing the inflation rate up, it actually went down yesterday, its now a whopping 3.1%. Meanwhile wages rose 6.8% across the board, not including bonuses the past three months.

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Predictable, Conservative politicians batting for their own side shock.

What a contrast to to the modern day Labour Party, whose rank and file are so detached from it's core vote they pour cold water on pay rises for Construction/Haulage/Retail/Agricultural/Hospitality workers. The type of rises some Labour Party members say may push up inflation and of course the rises will probably only be temporary anyway.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-set-most-widespread-pay-rises-over-decade-cbi-2021-09-19/

Good news. For those genuinely concerned about low paid wage rises pushing the inflation rate (probably no one) up, it actually went down yesterday, its now a whopping 3.1%.

Isn't food inflation in some industries running at 18%?

Even so, inflation at 3.1% is above what the majority of working people are getting as pay rises. Apart from those labourers who are getting 90p more for materials they can't get a hold of.

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Isn't food inflation in some industries running at 18%?

Even so, inflation at 3.1% is above what the majority of working people are getting as pay rises. Apart from those labourers who are getting 90p more for materials they can't get a hold of.

I suppose asking Mr torylite for some evidence of the 18% food hike claim would be futile. 

From what I can garner from official stats are food prices have actually fallen over the past year. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/621872/cpi-food-and-non-alcoholic-beverages-uk/

It's the energy rises that are a real worry to the low paid.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I suppose asking Mr torylite for some evidence of the 18% food hike claim would be futile. 

From what I can garner from official stats are food prices have actually fallen over the past year. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/621872/cpi-food-and-non-alcoholic-beverages-uk/

It's the energy rises that are a real worry to the low paid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58962049

This is what I read. Obviously I've read it and that's why I've highlighted "in some industries". Not like your posting where you don't read anything in the link bar the headline.

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58962049

This is what I read. Obviously I've read it and that's why I've highlighted "in some industries". Not like your posting where you don't read anything in the link bar the headline.

So food inflation is not rising by 18%, you made it up. It appears you havn't read the article or were just spouting more tory dribble, the article is about rises in the food industry, not food inflation itself.

I read the links, don't worry about me, your link also predicted a rise in inflation this month, it was wrong, as were you, although as the article only gave a prediction it can be forgiven, the futures not set in stone.

I'll give you a piece of advice Mr Chickenlicking, if you can somehow drop the insulting language (you jumped straight into a discussion calling me a cunt on another thread yesterday) and refrain from coating every one of your posts to me with a topping of self entitled smarm I may decide to stop taking the piss out of every unaccurate post you write.

If your really concerned here's a more up to date article showing the cost of living has slowed, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58977720?at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom3=%40BBCWalesNews&at_campaign=64&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=1DB9E3F4-316D-11EC-8CE6-2D7E96E8478F

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

So food inflation is not rising by 18%, you made it up. It appears you havn't read the article or were just spouting more tory dribble, the article is about rises in the food industry, not food inflation itself.

I read the links, don't worry about me, your link also predicted a rise in inflation this month, it was wrong, as were you, although as the article only gave a prediction it can be forgiven, the futures not set in stone.

I'll give you a piece of advice Mr Chickenlicking, if you can somehow drop the insulting language (you jumped straight into a discussion calling me a cunt on another thread yesterday) and refrain from coating every one of your posts to me with a topping of self entitled smarm I may decide to stop taking the piss out of every unaccurate post you write.

If your really concerned here's a more up to date article showing the cost of living has slowed, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58977720?at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom3=%40BBCWalesNews&at_campaign=64&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=1DB9E3F4-316D-11EC-8CE6-2D7E96E8478F

Inflation did rise this month. By 3.1%

The rate of the rise fell marginally by.1%

Public sector workers do the most important and vital work in the economy and we haven't had a pay rise at all. All 6.5 million of us

That means effectively I've had a 3% cut in wages this year. Thank you Brexit and Johnson

Brexit=Tory