You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter of discontent

littletedwest

4 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve got a controversial theory that lesbians should not be allowed to buy dick shaped dildos. If you turn away from men, you have to give it all up, it’s an all inclusive not a buffet. Mrs Willard hates it when I say this at dinner parties. 

I hate dinner parties. I don’t think I’ve ever been to one but I know I’d hate them. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

I hate dinner parties. I don’t think I’ve ever been to one but I know I’d hate them. 

what-a-sad-little-life-come-dine-with-me

2_Jane.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The main problems I think I’d have with attendance at a dinner party are:

1. The idea of having to go to a dinner party.

2. Going to a dinner party.

3. Not being able to leave immediately after the food.

4. Having to say thanks for the invite and that the cunts must come to us next time. 

5.  Putting my keys in a bowl.

6.  Wearing a cravat.

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

“The EU workers we speak to will not go to the UK for a short-term visa to help the UK out of the shit they created themselves,” said Edwin Atema, the head of research and enforcement at the Netherlands-based FNV union, which represents drivers across the bloc.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/27/eu-lorry-drivers-not-help-britain-ease-fuel-crisis-union?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1632736485

Course they won't, not without a major incentive and a simple procedure.  The government knows this so it's either a token gesture, or an opportunity to bring in a private company to coordinate the process.  Welcome, Serco Drive & Deliver.

24 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Wow. I thought this would just be a thing for a few days. I’m gonna have to fill up again at the weekend. God help me if this shit is still going down. 

Don't worry we're offering 5,000 short term visas to people we demonised and belittled to come in and experience the same, but with less stability and security, to rescue us, they'll be here any minute now...

In the meanwhile we are making absolutely no plans to get things fixed beyond extending working hours and making testing easier, it's remarkable that no one else thought of it before.

Just goes to show we're in good hands and they are on top of the detail.

On a serious note this will be something that rears it's head sporadically and wil do nothing to remove the resource anxiety that many are now facing.

Johnson's Britain in microcosm and there is still worse to come.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Don't worry we're offering 5,000 short term visas to people we demonised and belittled to come in and experience the same, but with less stability and security, to rescue us, they'll be here any minute now...

In the meanwhile we are making absolutely no plans to get things fixed beyond extending working hours and making testing easier, it's remarkable that no one else thought of it before.

Just goes to show we're in good hands and they are on top of the detail.

On a serious note this will be something that rears it's head sporadically and wil do nothing to remove the resource anxiety that many are now facing.

Johnson's Britain in microcosm and there is still worse to come.

Looks like the extra lorry drivers won't even be in place until the end of October at the earliest even if they can be bothered.

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Looks like the extra lorry drivers won't even be in place until the end of October at the earliest even if they can be bothered.

Yeah, visa runs 1st Oct until late Dec, the adverts were being prepared for foreign newspapers as of yesterday so still not being advertised. But also to placate the 'we hate forrins crowd' Patel said that they will be forcibly removed if they stay beyond this, madness.

Processing time, travel time, settling time etc which I guarentee they have not even thought about let alone planned for is going to eat in to a lot of that, presuming anybody wants to come back to the fetid little island.

This is going to run and run and once you factor in the changes at boarders that came/are coming in fro imports/exports it is another disaster on the horizon.

People are forgetting this was only a year ago and we are in a worse position now...

2372012260232161007_5219001.jpg?bypass-s

If we see a spike in cases and hospitaisations up again in addition to all the other stuff it has the potential to be disastrous and a vast majority of this could have been dealth with given five seconds thought, prepared for or mitigated against.

This was avoidable and the blame lies solely at Johnsons and his paymasters ideological doors.

• Upvote 1

I'm struggling to think of a time when we have lurched from 1 disaster to another like this.I despised Thatcher and cameron was an utter cunt but this is without a doubt the most inept shower of twats we have ever had.

You could genuinely give the job to some primary children and we wouldmt be worse off.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, visa runs 1st Oct until late Dec, the adverts were being prepared for foreign newspapers as of yesterday so still not being advertised. But also to placate the 'we hate forrins crowd' Patel said that they will be forcibly removed if they stay beyond this, madness.

Processing time, travel time, settling time etc which I guarentee they have not even thought about let alone planned for is going to eat in to a lot of that, presuming anybody wants to come back to the fetid little island.

This is going to run and run and once you factor in the changes at boarders that came/are coming in fro imports/exports it is another disaster on the horizon.

People are forgetting this was only a year ago and we are in a worse position now...

2372012260232161007_5219001.jpg?bypass-s

If we see a spike in cases and hospitaisations up again in addition to all the other stuff it has the potential to be disastrous and a vast majority of this could have been dealth with given five seconds thought, prepared for or mitigated against.

This was avoidable and the blame lies solely at Johnsons and his paymasters ideological doors.

Yep.  I bet Drivers from the continent can't wait to come and shit in a bucket for a week on the M20

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Yep.  I bet Drivers from the continent can't wait to come and shit in a bucket for a week on the M20

There’s some rumours knocking about that some British drivers are heading to the continent to take up work as the pay and conditions are much better and they resister as essential workers and are treated as such.

Would be a glorious irony if it were true, but nothing confirmed med as yet.