You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter of discontent

littletedwest

I fannied about at a MacMillan cake sale, took the little one to the park for an hour, came home and had my tea, then sat watching the golf for ages before I realised there was an issue. 

I think I’m gonna have to get a bus to Cambridge tomorrow which takes an hour, to get the train(s) to Brentford and then possibly do the same to get back. One of the kids has got something going on tomorrow that’s more important with regards to using the car. 

If I have to get the bus home I’ll undoubtedly miss the Joshua fight, and my mate was gonna come round too. The bus is hourly and you just know I’ll miss it by a few minutes and have to hang around for the next one. The only saving grace is that there’s a nice little pub opposite the bus stop that sells strawberry beer. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I fannied about at a MacMillan cake sale, took the little one to the park for an hour, came home and had my tea, then sat watching the golf for ages before I realised there was an issue. 

I think I’m gonna have to get a bus to Cambridge tomorrow which takes an hour, to get the train(s) to Brentford and then possibly do the same to get back. One of the kids has got something going on tomorrow that’s more important with regards to using the car. 

If I have to get the bus home I’ll undoubtedly miss the Joshua fight, and my mate was gonna come round too. The bus is hourly and you just know I’ll miss it by a few minutes and have to hang around for the next one. The only saving grace is that there’s a nice little pub opposite the bus stop that sells strawberry beer. 

See if Decoy or Craig can give you a lift back.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just stay up till 1am and go and get some diesel instead of all that fucking about tomorrow 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What cakes did you buy?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

What cakes did you buy?

All sorts. Muffins and cupcakes mainly. It was a fucking free for all, Tony. You’d have loved it. I just chucked £3 in a bucket and there were so many cakes that the schoolteachers were begging us to take more. Ended up walking out balancing two paper plates that were full of cakes covered in tin foil. 

I had to nip into Tesco for a bottle of milk on the way home and I’m such a twat that I forgot my car was full of cake and bought a packet of four triple choc muffins for the kids to have after tea. 

Cake for breakfast tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

All sorts. Muffins and cupcakes mainly. It was a fucking free for all, Tony. You’d have loved it. I just chucked £3 in a bucket and there were so many cakes that the schoolteachers were begging us to take more. Ended up walking out balancing two paper plates that were full of cakes covered in tin foil. 

I had to nip into Tesco for a bottle of milk on the way home and I’m such a twat that I forgot my car was full of cake and bought a packet of four triple choc muffins for the kids to have after tea. 

Cake for breakfast tomorrow. 

Panic buying cakes. This country! 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Taking back control by getting those Europeans to come save us.

It’ll be Indian and Philippinos.

Farming today was laying out some of the ideas.

Why the fuck would any European come here for a short term contract when wages are rising around Europe for drivers?

Makes little sense to come to a country that only recently kicked you out and threw your life in to chaos through some weird xenophobic fever dream.

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Why the fuck would any European come here for a short term contract when wages are rising around Europe for drivers?

I don't give the Government enough to think about that though.

No doubt Grant Shapps will be on TV this weekend putting his foot in it.

49 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

They were advised to do this weeks ago and kaiboshed it.

Incompetent cunts.

Or its a sinister joint effort by the big hauliers and petrol barons who dont want to start paying drivers more money so they put the shits up everyone by shutting a few stations......predictably, they get their headlines, chaos ensues, and the government hands them back their cheap labour.

Fat cats back to purring in baths of money