You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter of discontent

littletedwest

36 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

So the tabloids are calling this the new winter of discontent. Covid, end of furlough, food and fuel issues and sky rocketing gas prices. 

Just been get petrol and had queue,  I actually needed petrol but had queue for half an hour

It's a fucking joke. We're late in September and there wasnt a hint of any fuel shortage. From time to time, our local BP locks off a pump or two when a number of people have filled up in a short space of time even with no 'shortage' being shouted about.

It was reported a 'handful' of stations had locked off a few pumps and the next thing you know, Hanna Hofer head of Hofer tanker deliveries is shouting her mouth off that the situation is 'very, very bad' even though 80 to 90% of deliveries are as normal.

Then the fucking papers start gobbing off about petrol running out and may have to be rationed? How the fuck does that work if more than 80% of deliveries are unaffected?

I wake up this morning to see the same dailys showing pictures of queues of drivers outside loads of fuel stations. Last time that happened, ALL the petrol stations were shut within 5 days.

Have they eaten all the bog roll they stocked up on yet?

• Upvote 1

The Liverpool Echo were pumping out panic buy posts on their social media this morning. Live reports from queues and pictures of forecourts. 

Fucking pricks just adding to the chaos. 

I checked the Tesco Twitter and there was a post saying matter of factly they had plenty of petrol and there was no need to panic buy. I guess that's not a story that would get clicks though. 

• Upvote 1

Muppets, I've filled up twice today (quarter tank each time as usual) and hysterical fannies are ranting at the service desk there's no normal diesel, only v power diesel. Fill up, fuck off and wind your stupid neck in. She stormed out refusing to pay the extra.