You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 18-19 2021)

tlw content

Lots to get through this week so let’s start with our neighbours, who are not a happy bunch after a spanking at Villa followed by a League Cup exit at QPR.

Asmir Begovic was in goal for the Blues as Pickford is injured. What happened to the Swedish fella Carlo Magnifico brought in to keep Prickford on his toes? Has he fucked off too like Carlo and “Hamez”?

Some Blues were crying about an injury crisis but from what I could see they were only missing Pickford (which is a good thing) as well as Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin. It’s not like they had to start a load of kids, the bad cryarses.  

Matty Cash put Villa in front with a brilliant goal to cap off a terrific move (questionable keeping though). Luca ‘better than Robbo’ Digne headed into his own net to make it 2-0 and Bailey added a third after a quality ball by Ings put him clear. Again, what the fuck was Begovic doing there though? The opposite of making himself big is what he was doing, the shrinking tit.

Everton had actually been unbeaten in their first four games but there was a thread on Grand Old Team entitled “Has Benitez taken us as far as he can?”. That was posted BEFORE they got spanked by Villa! The funny thing is, the answer to that is probably ‘yes’ because they were in the top four before this game and are unlikely to ever be scaling those heights again.

It’s easy to criticise Everton fans for their stance on Rafa, sorry, Rafael, but who the fuck are we to be telling them how they should feel about their manager? Because he is their manager. Some Reds seem to still see him as our manager and are protective of him, but he isn’t our manager. He’s the Everton manager and loads of them hate him. And you know what, they’re entitled to. 

He was our manager, he took the piss out of them, he made us European Champions which gave us the opportunity to rub their noses in it. They hated him. They’ve hated him for years and then out of nowhere the people that run their club went “here you go, we don’t care what you think. He’s your new manager, get behind him”. Some of them have, others just can’t find it within themselves to do it and I respect that.

I fucking despise Guardiola and if he became our manager after Klopp I’d struggle to overcome that. I’d try, but it wouldn’t take much for me to completely turn on him and want him gone. So after this week the honeymoon period, if there even was one, is well and truly over and you only have to look at some of the posts on Grand Old Team to see Rafa, sorry, Rafael, is on a sticky wicket over there.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

I want to see him scoring again but it’s quite conceivable he’s never going to be the same after what WE went through .

Didn't know you had a head injury before Dave ???  Did you head the crossbar instead of the ball or something funnier knowing you ?

I'm sure you'll enlighten us.......

1 hour ago, dylstar said:

I want to see him scoring again but it’s quite conceivable he’s never going to be the same after what WE went through .

Didn't know you had a head injury before Dave ???  Did you head the crossbar instead of the ball or something funnier knowing you ?

I'm sure you'll enlighten us.......

Yeah I can enlighten you. I'm fucking terrible when it comes to typos.

• dave u unpinned this topic