Trumo

Brentford (A) - Sat 25th Sep 2021 (5:30pm)

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

That’s not our first 11.  Tsimikas, Thiago and Elliot are in our best 11. 

Those are your preferences. Realistically, the first eleven is that team today with Thiago in place of Jones. Give or take Firmino and Jota.

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

It was.  Luckily though, it's football and there are lots of games, and we get the chance to do that, directly, next week.

If we can beat City next week, I might be able to look back on today as an exciting game and a hard fought point.

It beats losing 2-7 to Villa, at any rate.

Commiserations. 

6 minutes ago, angie said:

Hope Brentford put a performance like that in against the chavs & the mancs and not just bend over.

Chelsea will have no trouble with them at all.  Mancs on the other hand well Ole’s at the wheel so…

This is a new challenge for Klopp. Neither Sadio nor Robbo should be starting against City based on form, but they’ve done very well for him in the big games in the recent past. It’ll be interesting to see if Klopp has the required ruthlessness in him to make the right call.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

This is a new challenge for Klopp. Neither Sadio nor Robbo should be starting against City based on form, but they’ve done very well for him in the big games in the recent past. It’ll be interesting to see if Klopp has the required ruthlessness in him to make the right call.

You’d start Mane as we have nobody else and there’s always a chance he may actually do something.  Robertson on the other hand can start the League Cup games.

Just now, J-V said:

You’d start Mane as we have nobody else and there’s always a chance he may actually do something.  Robertson on the other hand can start the League Cup games.

We could play Jota on the left.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

We could play Jota on the left.

Always good for a goal in the middle though is Jota. I could do without watching Firmino doing fuck all as well.  It’s just replacing one problem with another.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, J-V said:

Always good for a goal in the middle though is Jota. I could do without watching Firmino doing fuck all as well.  It’s just replacing one problem with another.

The positions of the front players are interchangeable anyway. Mane needs his place threatened just like Firmino has. 

17 minutes ago, J-V said:

I think I’m now ready to give Bobby another try.

I think the midweek team will tell us a little about the side for the City game. Have a hard time seeing Klopp not starting Bobby in a big match as long as he’s fit though. For me it’d be between Jota and Mané for the left and on current form there’s only one winner.

I do think Robbo will keep his place but again on current form Tsimikas is making a hell of an argument to start ahead of him I just have a feeling he’ll be starting the midweek game and so that’ll be a reason to give Robbo the game at the weekend.  

Firmino was dreadful when he came on but think it's time to see what it's like without Mane in the team. Maybe see Jota on the left against Porto and if it looks good will stay the same against City

• Downvote 1

I think the most concerning thing yesterday was that it was clear Brentford's attacking plan was to cross from their right flank and have their attackers concentrate around Trent, yet none of our players took the initiative to compensate for that and/or the coaching staff didn't try and change anything to deal with it. 

I'm all for Uncle Bob's play our game and let them worry about us mindset for the most part, but when the opposition are clearly getting joy with the same idea over and over then you need to do something about it. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

if Jota plays on the right where will Salah play?

Slip Sadio some coke. Fixed