You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 25th Sep 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

It was.  Luckily though, it's football and there are lots of games, and we get the chance to do that, directly, next week.

If we can beat City next week, I might be able to look back on today as an exciting game and a hard fought point.

It beats losing 2-7 to Villa, at any rate.

Commiserations. 

This is a new challenge for Klopp. Neither Sadio nor Robbo should be starting against City based on form, but they’ve done very well for him in the big games in the recent past. It’ll be interesting to see if Klopp has the required ruthlessness in him to make the right call.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

This is a new challenge for Klopp. Neither Sadio nor Robbo should be starting against City based on form, but they’ve done very well for him in the big games in the recent past. It’ll be interesting to see if Klopp has the required ruthlessness in him to make the right call.

You’d start Mane as we have nobody else and there’s always a chance he may actually do something.  Robertson on the other hand can start the League Cup games.

13 minutes ago, J-V said:

Always good for a goal in the middle though is Jota. I could do without watching Firmino doing fuck all as well.  It’s just replacing one problem with another.

The positions of the front players are interchangeable anyway. Mane needs his place threatened just like Firmino has. 

I think the midweek team will tell us a little about the side for the City game. Have a hard time seeing Klopp not starting Bobby in a big match as long as he’s fit though. For me it’d be between Jota and Mané for the left and on current form there’s only one winner.

I do think Robbo will keep his place but again on current form Tsimikas is making a hell of an argument to start ahead of him I just have a feeling he’ll be starting the midweek game and so that’ll be a reason to give Robbo the game at the weekend.  

I think the most concerning thing yesterday was that it was clear Brentford's attacking plan was to cross from their right flank and have their attackers concentrate around Trent, yet none of our players took the initiative to compensate for that and/or the coaching staff didn't try and change anything to deal with it. 

I'm all for Uncle Bob's play our game and let them worry about us mindset for the most part, but when the opposition are clearly getting joy with the same idea over and over then you need to do something about it. 

• Upvote 2