You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 25th Sep 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, derykw said:

I think the days of Mane and Robertson being first choice starters is coming to an end. Absolutely terrible again.

And Van Dyke looks like he can't jump anymore.

It's only one game but some very worrying signs today.

He was jumping fine all season so far mate, just a bad day at the office I'm not too worried yet if in 3  or 4 games were still having the same problems then I will start to worry. Agree with Mane comment tho really needs to find some form before he's guaranteed the starts he got  when we won the league.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to remember in the immediate aftermath of a draw that feels more like a loss, but we were genuinely better than them, by a significant margin, even as crap as we were.

That is to say, we were crap, a bunch of our players had bad days, and we were still comfortably the better team. They scored twice off of bounces in the penalty box that could have gone to either team but bounced perfectly for them to score.

So it's not a total disaster, as others have pointed out. Bad game, awful result, and especially coupled with the City game it feels like a harbinger that we aren't as likely to win the league as we might have thought, but in terms of how good we are, we're still one of the top two teams in the league.

• Upvote 1

2 dropped points that could be crucial come May, but if we beat City next week we are 4 clear of them.

Brentford will take points off a few more superior teams. They will have a go and are more dangerous than a lot of the established dross in the league. Last week, Southampton drew with City and were unlucky not to get more because of poor refereeing. It happens.

Lets put it right next week.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

2 dropped points that could be crucial come May, but if we beat City next week we are 4 clear of them.

Brentford will take points off a few more superior teams. They will have a go and are more dangerous than a lot of the established dross in the league. Last week, Southampton drew with City and were unlucky not to get more because of poor refereeing. It happens.

Lets put it right next week.

Agree Ronnie. This talk of Brentford being 'dogshit' is way off the mark in my opinion. Our poor defending and it has to be said, finishing let us down today.

Hard to know what to make of that one. We should have scored a couple more and shouldn’t have conceded in the way we did.

There was an inevitability about them equalising too. Anyway, we’re not as good as our record suggested up to today and not as bad as the more hysterical on here will make out. 

Robbo, Virgil and Fabinho (assist aside) were all poor today. 

Them snatching a late 4-3 wouldn’t have been the most shocking outcome either. 

Man City game is now even bigger. 

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The most worrying thing for me so far this season is that Jurgen has about 3 people he trusts off the bench in the league. he doesn't fancy anyone else OR they are a defender.

very concerning that considering theres a way to go until January.

Your not expecting January signings are you? 

Points dropped. 

Saying that, Brentford were excellent and will surprise a good few teams this season. 

The commentators harped on about missed chances, but the defending killed us. Fairly poor for all 3 goals and quite ragged besides that. Even van Dijk, who I personally thought looked quite fucked at some points. 

I'll try to get away from negativity with a tactical observation. 

This game demonstrates that the number 6 position is arguably the most important in our team. 

Because we play a high line, forward going full backs and at least occasionally a counter pressing style it means we are vulnerable to direct play, especially having lost the ball. 

If our number 6 isn't on his game, making interceptions, picking up second balls winning the ball back we can be very open. 

During our bad run last season including those games (people on here have drawn comparisons) it coincided with a major loss of form from Fabinho. One of his worst performances ever was against Villa I recall. 

Today was another game were Fabinho wasn't at the races and it had a massive impact.  The defence get all of the stick but they were somewhat exposed. 

Fabinho was't the worst player by any means and the back four were arguably worse but because that position is so crucial to us Fabinhos performance gets magnified. 

As the number 6 goes so goes our nation. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, J-V said:

Roberson has been shit for a good while now hopefully he gets a long rest.

On merit, I'd play Tsimikas.  His crossing is unbelievable.  I don't want to read too much into the Robertson thing, Trent was equally as bad in some ways, but both full backs struggling is something we've not seen for a long while.