You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 25th Sep 2021 (5:30pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

As my old man used to say “you can’t win em all” and you know what even the great Liverpool teams of the 70’s and 80’s never won every week either, it’s football if you did it would be shite and we’d be Man City 

Crap defending but hopefully they’ll sort that out next week as they fucking have to have to against City 

This isn’t the 70s or 80s it’s 2021 and in 2021  you absolutely have to win these games

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

That £100k+ a week for fuck all is a real kicker

To be honest mate I'd have moved him on this summer on his day a decent player but to injury prone, but for me sulking on the bench is a no no, in public show some passion behind closed doors sulk away.

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

As my old man used to say “you can’t win em all” and you know what even the great Liverpool teams of the 70’s and 80’s never won every week either, it’s football if you did it would be shite and we’d be Man City 

Crap defending but hopefully they’ll sort that out next week as they fucking have to have to against City 

When competing for the Premier League Title yes you pretty much do have to win them all. There is no such thing as a good point unless its against your direct title rivals, preferably away. 

If we are settling for top four then yes we can take the view "you can't win em all". 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

When competing for the Premier League Title yes you pretty much do have to win them all. There is no such thing as a good point unless its against your direct title rivals, preferably away. 

If we are settling for top four then yes we can take the view "you can't win em all". 

And who's won them all so far?

• Upvote 1

Fair play to Brentford, they never gave up and kept going. But, our defending and some of our finishing was shambolic. I really thought this was going to end 4-3 like Bournemouth a few seasons ago.

I dont think Alli got near any of those goals and none of them had any real pace on them. Robbo, love the lad to death but he shows little composure at either end of the field today. Some might think that hard but you cant just go lashing at every fucking ball.

Said at half time the defence was shambolic. van Dijk and Matip were being split and the Brentford forwards seemingly winning the telling balls in the air.

Was a bit surprised Jurgen took Jones off at 3-2 as I thought the midfield needed beefing up rather than putting the returning Bobby on.

Was surprised VAR actually gave Mo's goal as I initially thought the one playing him onside was the lad marking him. But it was a defender on the far side who played him on to make Mo one of the quickest players to 150 PL goals. Well done Mo. Pity he had an even better chance and lofted it just over the bar.

To be honest, I dont think Sadio contributed anything worthwhile all game. That must be a bit of a concern to Jurgen. You were just hoping he'd get that chance to score but it never came.

We had two corners in quick succession and both Trent and then Robbo over hit the corners. Seriously, just what the fuck? Tsimikas takes a better corner.

So, what should have been 3 points, in my opinion, turned out to be 1 and could have been worse. Deffo 2 points dropped here but the omen is last time we played these away in the league, we drew and went on to win the league. Am I clutching at straws?

1 minute ago, m0e said:

Subbing Jones for Bobby killed us

Ridiculous decision.

Yea, I'm not sure what that was about really with Mané having been a passenger most of the game. You could tell he wasn't up for it in the first half when he has a break away and pisses about until he tries to thread it for Mo instead of taking all the space to his left. I get he's right footed but he had plenty of room to drive left and cut it back for a shot.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derykw said:

I think the days of Mane and Robertson being first choice starters is coming to an end. Absolutely terrible again.

And Van Dyke looks like he can't jump anymore.

It's only one game but some very worrying signs today.

That second goal...it was like VDV was set in concrete he just didn't get off the ground.

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

This.

Salah should have won at at 3-2, but Brentford were worth a draw.

Disappointing but it's never easy is it?

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It should be easy when you play against dogshit really shouldn’t it?

I meant winning a league title.

But they really aren't dogshit are they. Credit where it's due sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Haha. I started an Aston Villa all-time XI about half an hour ago, which I thought would be quite good. However, having checked a list of Villa player. to refresh my memory, it’s pretty fucking shit! I think I’ll do a Blyth Spartans one instead,

Some great players late 70's early 80's Tone. Can't remember too many before that though. Post the XI  anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

This isn’t the 70s or 80s it’s 2021 and in 2021  you absolutely have to win these games

Like Man City at home to Southampton 

Shit happens it’s 11 v 11 which is why you’re not guaranteed anything away from home in top flight football , Salah scores to make it 4-2 and we’re all happy ( well some).