Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Ryder Cup 2021

Prediction?   

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 20:00

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m watching on NBC and they keep split screening to show shite adverts that last ages. 

Yeah I'm seeing loads of Americans on twitter kicking off about their shit coverage.

The golf channel actually missed Bryson's 417yd drive!

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m watching on NBC and they keep split screening to show shite adverts that last ages. 

Welcome to most American golf coverage.

5 minutes ago, Code said:

Hovland and Fleetwood are doing well, the others need to up their game. 

The Rahm pairing may be key here , if we go into tomorrow 6 2 down the fat lady is gargling.

Dustin Johnson has played amazingly. 

I’m at my mate’s 50th in York tomorrow and won’t be back until late on Sunday. I was a bit pissed at missing this, but the way things are looking I don’t think I’ll be missing much, Americans look completely dominant.

i think the yanks are playing very well but the the lack of European fans is a big handicap to balance out. There’s some great golf being played and less than normal audible appreciation for some amazing shots by the European guys, the shot by Rahm on the par 3 being a good example. It’s why winning a Ryder Cup on foreign soil will always be hard, fans and atmosphere play a huge part. 

that said, i think that we gave them a hand up with a couple of the pairings in the foursomes earlier. The one I didn’t see coming was Poulter and McIlroy getting tonked. 

2 minutes ago, Wicket said:

i think the yanks are playing very well but the the lack of European fans is a big handicap to balance out. There’s some great golf being played and less than normal audible appreciation for some amazing shots by the European guys, the shot by Rahm on the par 3 being a good example. It’s why winning a Ryder Cup on foreign soil will always be hard, fans and atmosphere play a huge part. 

that said, i think that we gave them a hand up with a couple of the pairings in the foursomes earlier. The one I didn’t see coming was Poulter and McIlroy getting tonked. 

That was the pairing I did see getting tonked unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, Wicket said:

Poulter was a strange pick for foursomes, would have made more sense to pick him in the fourballs as he’s not the best off the tee.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That was the pairing I did see getting tonked unfortunately 

Yeah, you’re not alone in that there were pundits on tv last night saying the same. I just thought it looked like it might have a psychological edge. I’ve seen a lot of comments suggesting Rose should have played instead of Poulter too, personally i think it was a 50/50 call but probably wasnt helped with Westwood earning his own spot as i think he’s the weakest member of the team this time around. 

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

I can't remember a single putt that Europe have made that I didn't think they would.

Westwood nearly did earlier but went too hard. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Westwood nearly did earlier but went too hard. 

A bit worrying that you can't remember a single one either in over 50 holes of the afternoon.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

Garcia made one on the foursomes and that's been it all day I think

Yeah early on? I think I remember that 

This is ruining my Sunday this 

• Upvote 1

Finau is not even a good putter of the ball yet his total yardage of putts sank is roughly 12,529 kilometres. They are having the perfect day. Nothing could stop this. 

• Upvote 2

Don't the Americans usually start off like a house on fire before their individualism gets the better of them and the Europeans' more obvious camaraderie begins to turn the tide?

13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Good to see Dave's putting advice paying dividends for his neighbour.

Can you catch shit putting just by standing next to someone? Beginning to feel guilty here.

• Upvote 3

They've played better and holed far more putts. If Rahm and Hatton can eek out a win and if Tommy and Hovland hang on then it's still alive, otherwise it's completely done already.