You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryder Cup 2021

Bjornebye

Prediction?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 20:00

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

But you promised us a win you charlatan 

And I still am. In fact, I’m guaranteeing it. You’re effectively judging a game about half way through the first half. We’ll win because of all that stuff I said earlier that I still absolutely believe. Yep. I still believe. I really do.

You buying any of this?

• Upvote 1

Those parings are odd. Especially keeping Matt Fitz with Westwood? Get him with Hovland or something where they can talk about fidget spinners or what ever the young uns are talking about. 

The Americans were sensational yesterday. It was a spectacle of putting I don't think I’ve ever seen before. Even our best Ryder Cup team would have struggled to stick with them. But this mornings choices could go badly wrong, and if they do, that’ll be on the skipper.

I think Harrington is hoping to get a 2-2 this morning and then send out fresh McIlroy, etc in the afternoon  and claw it back then. It’s very risky, and he’ll be a legend if it works, but if they play badly…..

Now, if the Yanks perform today like they did yesterday, then it doesn’t matter how well Europe play, they’ll be annihilated again.

But surely America can’t play that well again? Surely not?

8 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

And I still am. In fact, I’m guaranteeing it. You’re effectively judging a game about half way through the first half. We’ll win because of all that stuff I said earlier that I still absolutely believe. Yep. I still believe. I really do.

You buying this?

Errmm……..kinda……(crosses fingers)

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

Average world ranking of US team: 8.9. Average of European team: 30.8.

Average age of US team: 29.1. Average of European team: 34.6.

It's a total mismatch. And playing out that way in front of a partisan crowd. 

I dont think rankings matter much in this format. The skill is in the pairings and making sure they compliment each other. I'm not sure Europe have got close to getting it right, yet.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I dont think rankings matter much in this format. The skill is in the pairings and making sure they compliment each other. I'm not sure Europe have got close to getting it right, yet.

Yes and no.  When the Americans are playing this well, they could have been paired with anyone and it wouldn’t have mattered. Yesterday’s European pairings all made sense (tin my head anyway). It was just that some of the played awful, and I’d that happens, there is nothing you can do. Hatton, who was everyone’s worry, probably the best after the Spanish pair.  

But I’m surprised with this mornings pairings. This could go badly wrong.