You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

You seem to be relishing it. I find that weird.  

I know lots of people who work there. I’ll pass on your ‘boom’.  

Oh, so you're a mind reader now? Awesome, another string to your bow.

Im actually an Avro customer. But eh, £1.4bn spent on SMETS is worthwhile when others will be struggling to find the money for their next energy bill.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Oh, so you're a mind reader now? Awesome, another string to your bow.

Im actually an Avro customer. But eh, £1.4bn spent on SMETS is worthwhile when others will be struggling to find the money for their next energy bill.

You really have no fucking idea.  Really.  No idea.  

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I blame Greta Thunberg. And Sting.

And Putin and a few others. Fucking Kwateng's a disgrace. He sounds more like Corporal Jones every day.

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've just had a quick look on Martin Lewis's site Cheap Energy Club.

There is no cheap energy. Fuck me this is dire.

Yep, going to be a case of sitting tight, hope it's a mild winter and that those in Government blindly rushing to carbon neutral should be putting supplies at reasonable prices into the equation.

Anyone with a supplier going bump should make sure they have current meter reads relevant to the day their supplier stopped trading and if possible, download their last bill showing their account credit \ debit position.

But hey, I know absolutely nothing according to the forum's energy guru.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

And Putin and a few others. Fucking Kwateng's a disgrace. He sounds more like Corporal Jones every day.

Yep, going to be a case of sitting tight, hope it's a mild winter and that those in Government blindly rushing to carbon neutral should be putting supplies at reasonable prices into the equation.

Anyone with a supplier going bump should make sure they have current meter reads relevant to the day their supplier stopped trading and if possible, download their last bill showing their account credit \ debit position.

But hey, I know absolutely nothing according to the forum's energy guru.

Yes, sage advice. You fucking moron.  

On 19/09/2021 at 10:29, Paulie Dangerously said:

MrsD changes whenever our contract is up to the cheapest available. We're locked in on a low price until next year which is lucky looking at the rises. Cost of basic utilities here is appalling compared to mainland Europe. 

Our supplier has gone bust.  Fucking hell MrsD

35 minutes ago, Mook said:

See if you turn all your radiators down to half, would that half your gas bill or would it still be the same?

I've been pondering this for a while.

No. You need to turn the boiler down to effectively save gas or money.

If you leave your boiler as is and, if you have TRVs and turn them down, the boiler will still fire and reach whatever temp is set on its thermostat as normal. Your TRVs will shut down the pumped central heating water to each rad as appropriate when they reach the lower setting but the boiler will still be working.

Bear in mind if you turn the boiler down too much and your TRVs are set too high, the boiler will still fire but may stay on longer as it tries to heat the water in the system to that required by the TRVs.

• Upvote 1