You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

I’m the back of a black cab, and maybe @Rico1304 or @stringvest can fill in some gaps here, but he’s saying, and I FULLY believe him, that energy is free, and has been since the Second World War, and you cunts at the companies are just exploiting a loop hole in the system!

If you just buy a meter, no idea from where, you plug it in and you get free energy as the national grid provides it for free and it’s your god given right as an Englishman to get it for free.

He may have been drinking, he may be about to produce the Magna Carta, I’m not sure, but he definitely called you two thieving cunts.

• Upvote 4

On 10/03/2022 at 10:19, Captain Howdy said:

They’re saying there’s something wrong with the meter, engineer coming next Friday, bill on hold. 

No show from the engineer, called them again and they have no record of my one hour eight minute call last week much less of them confirming an engineer appointment. All a waste of time, I can only say again, imagine a lone pensioner having to put up with this shit. Time for OFGEM now, luckily I’ve logged all of my dealings with BG , has anybody gone through OFGEM ? Are they as useless as I am expecting them to be ?

27 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

No show from the engineer, called them again and they have no record of my one hour eight minute call last week much less of them confirming an engineer appointment. All a waste of time, I can only say again, imagine a lone pensioner having to put up with this shit. Time for OFGEM now, luckily I’ve logged all of my dealings with BG , has anybody gone through OFGEM ? Are they as useless as I am expecting them to be ?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not OFGEM mate, you need to complain to the independent Energy Ombudsman. You will have to have gone through BG's disputes for at least 8 weeks (I think it is) before the Ombudsman will get involved.

Avro gave me the run around with estimated bills after National Grid swapped out my gas meter despite me sending actual reads.

Gave them all the evidence of the incompetence and told them I wanted 100 quid as a goodwill gesture. After about 8 months, the Ombudsman found in my favour and told Avro to get their validation sorted or else and award me 100 quid which Avro paid.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

For the avoidance of doubt:

Our powers mean we can’t investigate or help with individual complaints you make to energy companies. Citizens Advice and the Energy Ombudsman can. 

We licence energy companies and make sure they stick to the rules of their licence and other duties the government sets or is the law. For example, consumer protection and competition laws. Our rules require fair treatment.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/making-complaint-about-your-energy-supplier-or-network-operator

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Not OFGEM mate, you need to complain to the independent Energy Ombudsman. You will have to have gone through BG's disputes for at least 8 weeks (I think it is) before the Ombudsman will get involved.

Avro gave me the run around with estimated bills after National Grid swapped out my gas meter despite me sending actual reads.

Gave them all the evidence of the incompetence and told them I wanted 100 quid as a goodwill gesture. After about 8 months, the Ombudsman found in my favour and told Avro to get their validation sorted or else and award me 100 quid which Avro paid.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

For the avoidance of doubt:

Our powers mean we can’t investigate or help with individual complaints you make to energy companies. Citizens Advice and the Energy Ombudsman can. 

We licence energy companies and make sure they stick to the rules of their licence and other duties the government sets or is the law. For example, consumer protection and competition laws. Our rules require fair treatment.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/energy-advice-households/making-complaint-about-your-energy-supplier-or-network-operator

Cheers pal, that’s helpful thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Some poor sap needs to get these. Wont stop him bleeding from his mouth every 28 days but they might help with his heavy bleeding.

Screenshot from 2022-03-29 14:17:00.png

It is truly awful. You just aren’t funny.  Don’t try too hard and you might raise a titter every now and again but this is poor.  Imagine going to trouble of getting the image for something this lame. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Someone just loves proving themselves wrong, I just marvel at how he does it. Spending shitloads of time on the phone?! Dear, oh dear oh dear. Keep taking the company shilling.

I don’t work for an energy retailer.  There doesn’t seem to be a limit on how many times you can’t understand that.  Remember when you got pulled up for calling call centre workers though?  That was funny.  

No, Spartacus, but you keep pontificating about energy costs and how others spout bollocks. Yes, your tart had to come to your rescue, sorry, 2 of your tarts came to your rescue but they were ok with you trying but failing miserably to denegrate anyone who had a different opinion to you on energy costs or the absurdly expensive smart metering.

You come from an incurrect proposition Spartacus. Im not attempting tobe 'funny.' But the heavy bleed tampax may help you.

Keep taking your company shilling. It's where the root word 'shill' derives from.

Now, I really must stick to ignoring your pathetic little posts.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

No, Spartacus, but you keep pontificating about energy costs and how others spout bollocks. Yes, your tart had to come to your rescue, sorry, 2 of your tarts came to your rescue but they were ok with you trying but failing miserably to denegrate anyone who had a different opinion to you on energy costs or the absurdly expensive smart metering.

You come from an incurrect proposition Spartacus. Im not attempting tobe 'funny.' But the heavy bleed tampax may help you.

Keep taking your company shilling. It's where the root word 'shill' derives from.

Ha ha ha I’m not pontificating - I’m pointing out where you, once again, think you know what you’re talking about but miss the point spectacularly. 

I guess you are referring to Stringers when you say ‘my tart’. He works in the industry too, he’s running one of the bits you don’t understand.  Whilst we are here search his name and see how other people on the forum view him.  Like your Call Centre Manager bollocks you might realise you’ve got that one wrong too. 

Finally, and in another example of you talking complete and utter SHITE, the word ‘shill’ shares nothing with ‘shilling’ it’s a contraction of the word ‘shillaber’. You fucking moron. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

They really do take us for mugs.

Octopus Energy's website is creaking. Managed to submit gas and leccie reads today but they do say their new variable tariff doesnt kick in until midnight 2nd of April. They state they'll let people submit reads up to 7 days later as well.

"The best day to give us a meter reading is this Saturday (our standard variable prices don't change until 00:00 Saturday 2nd April.) Make a note of your readings or take a photo of them on Saturday. When we receive this reading we will apply it to your account from 00:00 midnight on the Saturday. You will have a week to submit them to us, so please don't worry if you can't get it to us that day."

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They really do take us for mugs.

Took a few goes this morning, but I managed to submit reading to So Energy. They must surely have known there'd be heavy traffic today so should have ensured there was extra capacity to handle it. Cheap cunts.