You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (A) - CC 3rd Rnd, Tue 21st Sep 2021 (7:45pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

The Norwich support have been so shit I was half expecting a pissed Delia on the pitch with the mic, asking: "Where are you? Let's be having you"

I’ve just got home. In defence of the Norwich lot, on the way out as we were inching up the steps, the Thatcher songs and “Fuck the Tories” were getting one last airing, and a few of them just over from us were joining in and looking really made up to be a part of it. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, an tha said:

3 efforts on target 3 goals - clinical.

Some confidence boosting for Minamino and a couple of others and some needed minutes for a few.

No injuries.

A couple of kids introduced to 1st team action.

In next round.

All OK.

Wait, didn’t Klopp say Keita kicked the ground and that’s why he came off? Most likely out for the season that lad…

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The #vibes with Keita are horrendous. "He kicked the ground". Fuck off.

After his worldy on Saturday, Keita should have been bossing that game last night. 

Instead he was anonymous in defending, wasteful in possession and then gets a shithouse injury. 

One step forwads, 2 steps back.

The fact we looked much better when Morton came on says it all. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

After his worldy on Saturday, Keita should have been bossing that game last night. 

Instead he was anonymous in defending, wasteful in possession and then gets a shithouse injury. 

One step forwads, 2 steps back.

The fact we looked much better when Morton came on says it all. 

Yeah really disappointed with him last night and with Ox to be honest. A chance for them both to step up and show the boss what they can do. Both failed.

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve just got home. In defence of the Norwich lot, on the way out as we were inching up the steps, the Thatcher songs and “Fuck the Tories” were getting one last airing, and a few of them just over from us were joining in and looking really made up to be a part of it. 

Some of them will have voted for Clive Lewis, who has a 15k majority. Even in Norwich North the Tory/Labour race is pretty close. 

There are towns in the North West that are more Tory than Norwich. Which is pretty fucking odd, admittedly.

• Upvote 1

Getting at least another game in the competition is important for keeping Konate, Gomez, Minamino, Origi and Kelleher primed. Don't need them being completely rusty for when they might be needed in the league or European Cup. 

I think Jones will play plenty of games regardless. He's doing well in a more disciplined role than he started for us in. Gordon's clearly a talent and Bradley gave a good account of himself too. 

Already, Kelleher looks almost too good to be an understudy in a position where he won't generally get to play in many games, but that's a great headache to have given some of the reserves - and first choices - we've had in the position over the last few decades. 

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I remember the place as a Labour bastion. A fine city it is …. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Some of them will have voted for Clive Lewis, who has a 15k majority. Even in Norwich North the Tory/Labour race is pretty close. 

There are towns in the North West that are more Tory than Norwich. Which is pretty fucking odd, admittedly.

I know all that. Clive’s my mate on Twitter. Pretty sure he’s the only Labour MP left in the entirety of Norfolk and Suffolk. Those songs get sung everywhere now. 

Still, not very often you see people smiling at each other and singing the same songs over the wall of stewards.