You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Liverpool looking to tie down Naby Keita on a new deal

TLW

42 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Stick a blank contract his nose and tell him to fill in blanks.

We need game winning mavericks and this cat is a game winning maverick.

The game was won but lovely goal nonetheless. I'll be more impressed when the pressure is on and he bangs in a worldie to win a big game. 

Replaced by a child last night who didn't do much but still produced more than him.

What is the fucking point of offering him a contract? Shirley the "protect his value" argument falls on its face if he's turning in performances last night on the odd occasion he's not injured.

• Like 1

Loads of people still rate him. Made a comment on another platform about how I don't know how not everyone is sick of him at this rate and how can the fanboys still defend him all the time, and I got torched. There's a cult around the guy. I think most fans were willing to give him a chance even after 2 years down the line of his signing, me included, but that sentiment should be over now. 

Unfortunately, Klopp loves his qualities on paper despite the fact he rarely delivers. He called him one of the best midfielders in Europe at one point. That, with the fact his value has probably dropped too low for us to consider selling him means he'll be here for the long haul. 

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Loads of people still rate him. Made a comment on another platform about how I don't know how not everyone is sick of him at this rate and how can the fanboys still defend him all the time, and I got torched. There's a cult around the guy. I think most fans were willing to give him a chance even after 2 years down the line of his signing, me included, but that sentiment should be over now. 

Unfortunately, Klopp loves his qualities on paper despite the fact he rarely delivers. He called him one of the best midfielders in Europe at one point. That, with the fact his value has probably dropped too low for us to consider selling him means he'll be here for the long haul. 

I reckon this talk of a new contract is a bluff to inflate his value prior to a January sale. No way the club are going to give him another £31m deal, they will be praying he gets sold for £20m and they try to forget they paid £55m for a dud. 

53 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sickening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You have time to make comments on other platforms??

48afd0510b98ad1202daaee5bf28bc4c.gif

Had to laugh during the Norwich LC game. We had a great break on and Naby had the ball just inside the Norwich half. He just needed to play the ball either through the middle or along the wing and Div or Taki would have been clean through with virtually just the keeper to beat.

But in all the excitement, Naby lost the plot and instead of kicking the ball cleanly, kicked the ground instead and the ball bobbled away to a Norwich player.

I thought then, that's Naby fucked, again and didnt see him finishing the game. 2nd half, he didnt reappear.

If Liverpool are in talks about a new contract, it is surely just to protect his transfer value. His ship must surely have sailed?