You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 11-13 2021)

tlw content

All eyes were on Old Trafford for the return of Ronaldo. Well, not all eyes as I didn’t watch it and I’ve just skipped through the highlights on MOTD. I wouldn’t watch them even before football’s answer to Prince Andrew showed up again so I sure as shit won’t be watching them now.

Besides, you don’t even need to watch them to know what’s going on as the entire football media has gone completely fucking nuts about it and the obsession with Ronaldo is just plain weird. Of course his debut went well, because he couldn’t have hand picked a better opponent than Newcastle as Steve Bruce’s record against United is fucking appalling, unless I’m confusing him with another of Fergie’s old lapdogs? 

To be fair it might be Mark Hughes I’m thinking of, but I’m fairly sure it’s Bruce because I seem to remember he had an incredible record at Anfield at one time but didn’t even have a point at Old Trafford or something mad like that. Anyway, he can add another loss to the CV as Ronaldo started off with a brace. It’s going to be interesting to see how he copes with the extra workload this season though as the only other player manager I can think of who had any success was the King. Still, at least he’s got Ole there to help with the little things like handling press conferences, making the tea and putting the cones out.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic

After his bag was spotted during a practice round earlier in the week, Horschel was in the Sky Sports Open Zone to explain how and why he became a West Ham fan.

“So during my sophomore year of college I moved into a new apartment  and the cable wasn’t going to be hooked up for a couple of days,” he explained, “so we went to Best Buy and bought a couple of DVDs, one of those DVDs was Green Street. ”

“I loved the movie, I loved Charlie Hunnam as an actor and obviously the film is about the firms at Millwall and West Ham, from there I started following them.”

“Since about 10-12 year ago I’ve been paying really close attention to them since NBC Sports starting showing Premier League games, so I’m always watching their matches and any Premier Leagues actually.”

• dave u unpinned this topic
On 17/09/2021 at 14:21, dave u said:

Ha! I actually typed it but then deleted the 'fat' because it felt a bit arlarse given that he'd got the decision right. Feel like I'll only bust that back out when he's fucked up.

I'm expecting to see that the FAT is Back this week, then......