Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Centre Midfielders - Final

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Centre Midfielders - Final  

27 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

    • Michel Platini
    • Zinedine Zidane

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/21 at 08:53

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Zidane.

 

The most elegant footballer to have ever played the game.

Made it look easy. Him and Maldini are my favourite ever non Liverpool or Celtic players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zidane was beautiful to watch and was a great player but Platini was just a bit better. Zidane and both Ronaldos will be the 3 unluckiest to miss out here. 

Not that they'll give the slightest of fucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very hard to call this one. 

Gerard Houllier couldn't separate them. 

 

Both great creators, Platini much more of a goal threat so I'm going to give him the nod. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Zidane was beautiful to watch and was a great player but Platini was just a bit better. Zidane and both Ronaldos will be the 3 unluckiest to miss out here. 

Not that they'll give the slightest of fucks

I think Brazilian Ronaldo will be voted in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not convinced either of them are ideal for the CM role in this team (although both would be excellent shouts for AM).

 

I've gone for Zidane because (on the basis of nothing, now I think about it) I think he'd have more of the physical strength and tenacity required in this role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not convinced either of them are ideal for the CM role in this team (although both would be excellent shouts for AM).

 

I've gone for Zidane because (on the basis of nothing, now I think about it) I think he'd have more of the physical strength and tenacity required in this role.

Platini plated most of his career in CM (granted it was a slower game then). Later on with France and Juventus he floated between CM and no.10 depending on the game. 

Zidane played on the left or 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Its Zidane ! Fuck Platini 

I feel your pain brother.

 

Incredibly hard call this one. Zidane is undoubtedly one of the greatest players of all time - thing is Platini is too. Even if he is a complete knobhead. I think Platini edges it literally by the tightest of margins.

 

Probably only Maldini, Beckenbauer, Barsei, Diego and Pele - (possibly Messi) - would be certain to make my greatest eleven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I feel your pain brother.

 

Incredibly hard call this one. Zidane is undoubtedly one of the greatest players of all time - thing is Platini is too. Even if he is a complete knobhead. I think Platini edges it literally by the tightest of margins.

 

Probably only Maldini, Beckenbauer, Barsei, Diego and Pele - (possibly Messi) - would be certain to make my greatest eleven. 

What is your eleven, Liverpool players permitted, in full?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

What is your eleven, Liverpool players permitted, in full?

I would need a bit of time to think it out, but those 6 players would be in it Tony.

 

I'd love to find a place for the King but he probably misses out (sacrilage I know) if I'm going with my head over my heart. I would find a place for Souness. He was just an incredible player. As good as some of the midfielders mentioned like Keane, Vieira etc were, he was a level above them. I would put him above Matthaus as well. Among Reds, he made mistakes as a manager on and off the pitch. He took it on the chin and regrets them and seems like a good egg. If I could potentially find a place for a complete dickhead like Platini, I wouldn't hold those mistakes against Souey. Hansen would be unlucky to miss out from the starting line up but would make a squad. I wonder if he was from another country that appreciated his elegance and got to compete at the business end of international competitions would he be held in the same regard as say Baresi. I think he would myself. 

 

I would have Jennings in goal anyway to kick it off! He edges it from Zoff and Buffon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I would need a bit of time to think it out, but those 6 players would be in it Tony.

 

I'd love to find a place for the King but he probably misses out (sacrilage I know) if I'm going with my head over my heart. I would find a place for Souness. He was just an incredible player. As good as some of the midfielders mentioned like Keane, Vieira etc were, he was a level above them. I would put him above Matthaus as well. Among Reds, he made mistakes as a manager on and off the pitch. He took it on the chin and regrets them and seems like a good egg. If I could potentially find a place for a complete dickhead like Platini, I wouldn't hold those mistakes against Souey. Hansen would be unlucky to miss out from the starting line up but would make a squad. I wonder if he was from another country that appreciated his elegance and got to compete at the business end of international competitions would he be held in the same regard as say Baresi. I think he would myself. 

 

I would have Jennings in goal anyway to kick it off! He edges it from Zoff and Buffon.

I would probably have Souness and Matthaus.

 

I put this team together the other night. Some of my inclusions are personal favourites, as opposed to the best of all time in their positions, albeit still wonderful players. I very nearly left out Matthaus in favour of opting for a diamond, with Maradona at the tip of it, and Dalglish up front with Muller. 

 

Zoff

McGrain Beckenbauer Moore Breitner

Best Matthaus Souness Cruyff

Maradona 

   Muller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I would probably have Souness and Matthaus.

 

I put this team together the other night. Some of my inclusions are personal favourites, as opposed to the best of all time in their positions, albeit still wonderful players. I very nearly left out Matthaus in favour of opting for a diamond, with Maradona at the tip of it, and Dalglish up front with Muller. 

 

Zoff

McGrain Beckenbauer Moore Breitner

Best Matthaus Souness Cruyff

Maradona 

   Muller

Lovely team that. Muller was the best poacher of all time. Van Basten must be right up there as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Razoray said:

Zidane was beautiful to watch and was a great player but Platini was just a bit better. Zidane and both Ronaldos will be the 3 unluckiest to miss out here. 

Not that they'll give the slightest of fucks

Original Ronaldo won’t miss out. No

way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not convinced either of them are ideal for the CM role in this team (although both would be excellent shouts for AM).

 

I've gone for Zidane because (on the basis of nothing, now I think about it) I think he'd have more of the physical strength and tenacity required in this role.

It should have been Xavi 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I would probably have Souness and Matthaus.

 

I put this team together the other night. Some of my inclusions are personal favourites, as opposed to the best of all time in their positions, albeit still wonderful players. I very nearly left out Matthaus in favour of opting for a diamond, with Maradona at the tip of it, and Dalglish up front with Muller. 

 

Zoff

McGrain Beckenbauer Moore Breitner

Best Matthaus Souness Cruyff

Maradona 

   Muller

Brazilian Ronaldo was the best 9 of all time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

He was great but Gerd Muller is my favourite non-Liverpool centre-forward.

Each to their own mate. Kempes was better than Muller...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×