You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Centre Midfielders - Final

Bjornebye

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Centre Midfielders - Final  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Michel Platini
    • Zinedine Zidane

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/21 at 08:53

I'm not convinced either of them are ideal for the CM role in this team (although both would be excellent shouts for AM).

I've gone for Zidane because (on the basis of nothing, now I think about it) I think he'd have more of the physical strength and tenacity required in this role.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not convinced either of them are ideal for the CM role in this team (although both would be excellent shouts for AM).

I've gone for Zidane because (on the basis of nothing, now I think about it) I think he'd have more of the physical strength and tenacity required in this role.

Platini plated most of his career in CM (granted it was a slower game then). Later on with France and Juventus he floated between CM and no.10 depending on the game. 

Zidane played on the left or 10. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Its Zidane ! Fuck Platini 

I feel your pain brother.

Incredibly hard call this one. Zidane is undoubtedly one of the greatest players of all time - thing is Platini is too. Even if he is a complete knobhead. I think Platini edges it literally by the tightest of margins.

Probably only Maldini, Beckenbauer, Barsei, Diego and Pele - (possibly Messi) - would be certain to make my greatest eleven. 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I feel your pain brother.

Incredibly hard call this one. Zidane is undoubtedly one of the greatest players of all time - thing is Platini is too. Even if he is a complete knobhead. I think Platini edges it literally by the tightest of margins.

Probably only Maldini, Beckenbauer, Barsei, Diego and Pele - (possibly Messi) - would be certain to make my greatest eleven. 

What is your eleven, Liverpool players permitted, in full?

19 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

What is your eleven, Liverpool players permitted, in full?

I would need a bit of time to think it out, but those 6 players would be in it Tony.

I'd love to find a place for the King but he probably misses out (sacrilage I know) if I'm going with my head over my heart. I would find a place for Souness. He was just an incredible player. As good as some of the midfielders mentioned like Keane, Vieira etc were, he was a level above them. I would put him above Matthaus as well. Among Reds, he made mistakes as a manager on and off the pitch. He took it on the chin and regrets them and seems like a good egg. If I could potentially find a place for a complete dickhead like Platini, I wouldn't hold those mistakes against Souey. Hansen would be unlucky to miss out from the starting line up but would make a squad. I wonder if he was from another country that appreciated his elegance and got to compete at the business end of international competitions would he be held in the same regard as say Baresi. I think he would myself. 

I would have Jennings in goal anyway to kick it off! He edges it from Zoff and Buffon.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I would need a bit of time to think it out, but those 6 players would be in it Tony.

I'd love to find a place for the King but he probably misses out (sacrilage I know) if I'm going with my head over my heart. I would find a place for Souness. He was just an incredible player. As good as some of the midfielders mentioned like Keane, Vieira etc were, he was a level above them. I would put him above Matthaus as well. Among Reds, he made mistakes as a manager on and off the pitch. He took it on the chin and regrets them and seems like a good egg. If I could potentially find a place for a complete dickhead like Platini, I wouldn't hold those mistakes against Souey. Hansen would be unlucky to miss out from the starting line up but would make a squad. I wonder if he was from another country that appreciated his elegance and got to compete at the business end of international competitions would he be held in the same regard as say Baresi. I think he would myself. 

I would have Jennings in goal anyway to kick it off! He edges it from Zoff and Buffon.

I would probably have Souness and Matthaus.

I put this team together the other night. Some of my inclusions are personal favourites, as opposed to the best of all time in their positions, albeit still wonderful players. I very nearly left out Matthaus in favour of opting for a diamond, with Maradona at the tip of it, and Dalglish up front with Muller. 

Zoff

McGrain Beckenbauer Moore Breitner

Best Matthaus Souness Cruyff

Maradona 

Muller

34 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I put this team together the other night. Some of my inclusions are personal favourites, as opposed to the best of all time in their positions, albeit still wonderful players. I very nearly left out Matthaus in favour of opting for a diamond, with Maradona at the tip of it, and Dalglish up front with Muller. 

Zoff

Maradona 

Muller

Lovely team that. Muller was the best poacher of all time. Van Basten must be right up there as well. 

3 hours ago, Razoray said:

Zidane was beautiful to watch and was a great player but Platini was just a bit better. Zidane and both Ronaldos will be the 3 unluckiest to miss out here. 

Not that they'll give the slightest of fucks

Original Ronaldo won’t miss out. No

way

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It should have been Xavi 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Zoff

Maradona 

Muller

Brazilian Ronaldo was the best 9 of all time. 

• Upvote 1