Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Spanner

Is Futsal Just 5-A-Side Without..,

…the great British tradition of ‘getting stuck in’ and agricultural language?

Seems like we’d be much better at football if we embraced the former and esque the latter.

Not that I’ll consider them, but if you want to leave your thoughts underneath knock yourselves out.

Smaller, heavier ball promoting close control and technical skills.

We lived in Brazil for 3 years and both my boys (4 & 8 at the time) played futsal at school. Very fast paced to the point that the boys now seem to have loads of time on the ball back in the UK. Not sure about the agricultural language, it was all Portuguese to me!

• Upvote 1

I've played a couple of times and found it difficult to judge how it was going to bounce.

But yeah, smaller & heavier ball. Closer control and focus on technique. The ball can go out of play as well, can't it? So no safety net of banging the ball off the side of the court.

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I've played a couple of times and found it difficult to judge how it was going to bounce.

But yeah, smaller & heavier ball. Closer control and focus on technique. The ball can go out of play as well, can't it? So no safety net of banging the ball off the side of the court.

Yeah, they ball goes out of play and then you have a kick in.

Been watching it over the past couple of days and it's great to watch and we're missing a trick not playing it more.