You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Liverpool Transfer - You’re All Wrong

Anubis

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Diouf is an inspiration to most Senegalese footballers of that age. Whether Mane would have played football without an idol like him, I obviously can't answer. I don't know him, never spoken to him. 

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment because Diouf isn't well liked, but he is an idol to many. That part is true.

Diouf is a Senegal legend, no doubt.

Diouf is also a shit cunt and almost certainly our worst every signing, no matter how you measure it.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Diouf probably inspired Mane to start playing football. Just for that, he's not our worst signing.

Diouf was at his peak when Sadio was 9 or 10; he'd probably have kicked a ball and decided he liked it before then. Plus, of course, there were plenty of decent Senegalese players at that time.

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Lallana was possibly our most important player from 2015-2017

I'm biased in that I can't fucking stand him.

Didn't want us to sign him, didn't like him when he played, don't like sick notes & couldn't wait for him to fuck off. £25m he was as well.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm biased in that I can't fucking stand him.

Didn't want us to sign him, didn't like him when he played, don't like sick notes & couldn't wait for him to fuck off. £25m he was as well.

Led the press in Klopp’s first 6 months. Iconic goal v Norwich, big goals against Villarreal and Arsenal…

When he played he was good. He didn’t play enough. Belongs nowhere near this list.

• Upvote 4

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Led the press in Klopp’s first 6 months. Iconic goal v Norwich, big goals against Villarreal and Arsenal…

He broke down every attack that went through him that first 6 months as well though. 

His best spell (and to be fair he was very good at times) was when he dropped back into midfield. 

Maybe Keita playing a final season with Leipzig when he knew he’d be moving on did for him in some way mentally, in that he took his foot off the pedal and never got back to where he was previously. A really strange move in hindsight to announce a delayed transfer, as delighted as we all were at the time. Kids aside, how often do transfers like that actually happen?

Agree that big Adam Lallana shouldn’t be near this list, ridiculous fitness record notwithstanding. 

The whole Joe Cole thing was utterly depressing, perfectly fitting for where we were at the time. Sacking Benitez to bring in Hodgson while snubbing Kenny. Konchesky. Poulsen. Jovanovic. Christ. 

9 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Was it worse or better with his fuzz?

Good question that.

The facial hair covered a multitude of sins yet somehow sexualised the irritation levels. That's when the tone of my letters to him changed somewhat.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Adam deserves some credit for actually making a career in the game at least,and playing for some big teams. He's currently still playing for Dundee too.

How so? He clearly had some talent but he ‘wasted’ by being super unprofessional.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

How so? He clearly had some talent but he ‘wasted’ by being super unprofessional.

Negged for use of the word "super" although I agree with your point about Adam. Last time I saw him in the (ample) flesh, he was playing for Stoke and frowning into the Lower Kenny to see who had just shouted "Fucking hell, I thought vertical stripes were supposed to be slimming!"

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, an tha said:

Craig Bellamy on Charlie Adam....

BcznJm7CAAE75Tf.jpg

There's a story from his time at Skoke where the players were training in a local park, maybe running not sure on the details, but there was a group of teenagers playing park football and they misshit it Adams way.

They shout for it back and he boots it over a fence in the opposite direction, proper belted it as far as he could, you can imagine how far the fat feckless fecker could kick a ball so it was proably a pain in the arse to get back.

He just ran off laughing...

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There's a story from his time at Skoke where the palyers were training in a local park, maybe running not sure on the details, but there was a group of teenagers palying park football and the they misshit it Adams way.

They shout for it back and he boots it over a fence in the opposite direction, proper belted it as far as he could, you can imagine how far the fat feckless fecker could kick a ball so it was proably a pain in the arse to get back.

Straight from the Neil Ruddock school of "Bantz".

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There's a story from his time at Skoke where the players were training in a local park, maybe running not sure on the details, but there was a group of teenagers playing park football and the they misshit it Adams way.

I find that story very difficult to believe to be honest......

"He just ran off"?

Nah.....

• Upvote 2