Trumo

C Palace (H) - Sat 18th Sep 2021 (3:00pm)

1 minute ago, m0e said:

What a cunt, James Milner. 

Running up and down the wing until the 93rd minute, putting Zaha in his pocket, and getting involved in everything.

Shame on you, Milly!

Couldn't get himself booked though could he the cunt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, m0e said:

Running up and down the wing until the 93rd minute, putting Zaha in his pocket, and getting involved in everything.

Shame on you, Milly!

Every year I think we need to move him on. Every year he proves me wrong!

• Upvote 1

Just now, m0e said:

Shame on you, Milly!

Great player Milly. Wish he was 10 years younger.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

Shame on you, Milly!

He was briiliant just a great all round perfomance.  You wouldn't think he was 100yrs old.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Only caught the back end, how was the new lad?

Thought he was pretty good. Got in a couple of jams but is quick and made a couple of tight blocks.

Made it through 90 minutes so...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Why is taking your shirt off a card again anyway? Seems like rule out of the early 1900’s.

Yet you can break somebody’s ankle and the media demand that the card be overturned 

9 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Penalty for Southampton over turned and i can see no fucking reason why apart from the obvious

Even Keyes said it should have stood

8 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Penalty for Southampton over turned and i can see no fucking reason why apart from the obvious

Just watched it again. Astonishing decision to overule . You'll never see a more clear and obvious pen.

• Upvote 1

I love it when we just put small teams back in their box.

Millie seems perfectly happy with this season's more lenient approach to refereeing. It was great to see us give a bit of that shite back.

I like the way the sun came out when Salah scored. The man makes everything better.

• Upvote 5

On 15/09/2021 at 23:12, Trumo said:

As ever, it's about us playing with the right attitude and intent as if we play like we are capable of, we could very well blitz this lot again. It might not be as goal-heavy as in 1989 but we are more than capable of getting the job done and getting the 3 points. Just get it done.

And so it was.

• Upvote 2

Good result - 3 pts and back to winning ways.

Felt like a bit of a weird one though and that we didn't play all that well.

I suppose some defensive issues were inevitable with all the changes and lets face it Alisson saved us big time at least twice.

I thought Milner handled Zaha better than thought he would - helped out a fair bit by Henderson, who took a card of course helping Milner out!

Konate looked a bit nervous to me and seemed to be tentative at times, i suppose it is understandable that he would be though - first game nerves...having to try and settle into what was a much changed back line - he settled alright, but just at times looked a touch uncomfortable on the ball - a bit of rust along with nerves maybe?

That Jota miss - WTF! Why try and smash it, just make soft contact and you can't miss.

Thiago another injury casualty? Didn't look great did it?

Thought the Mane finish and even more so the Salah finish for 2nd were both sharp and smart and Keita's was a lovely hit.

It felt a bit edgy until that 2nd went in.

Winning when not at best/much changed is a good sign though and if we can keep doing it when we need to we will be set fair...

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Incredible!

There’s no foul there at all.  Southampton player lunges in for a tackle for some bizarre reason.