Trumo

C Palace (H) - Sat 18th Sep 2021 (3:00pm)

Matip got to be rested for this one. 

Would think will be VVD plus Gomez/Konate. 

Would also bing Tsimikas in. 

Anyone for Keita. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He did himself no harm with his late cameo last night.

Yeah, looks bigger as well. 

Not sure i’d be looking to regularly rotate the centre halves. It’s fine to do it occasionally but it’s an area of the pitch where consistency of partnership is important.

I know that we have fitness considerations etc but in an ideal world you don’t want to be constantly tinkering there. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Not sure i’d be looking to regularly rotate the centre halves. It’s fine to do it occasionally but it’s an area of the pitch where consistency of partnership is important.

I know that we have fitness considerations etc but in an ideal world you don’t want to be constantly tinkering there. 

I agree but I think we're going to be extremely reluctant for Virgil and Joe to play twice a week over the next few months. Particularly when there's only two days' recovery between games. A long way from ideal but better than risking one of them breaking down. 

9 minutes ago, aws said:

I agree but I think we're going to be extremely reluctant for Virgil and Joe to play twice a week over the next few months. Particularly when there's only two days' recovery between games. A long way from ideal but better than risking one of them breaking down. 

Matip must be above Gomez in the pecking order and should get the day off on Saturday. Virg and Konate to start for me. Matip is playing out of his skin and needs to be looked after . 

Blowing the whistle (except when our players are fouled) will be Andy Madley; VAR to be handled by the rich mahogany tones of Andre Marriner.

I would be surprised to see Tsimikas start twice in three days, so unless you think he isn’t playing against Norwich…

Yeah as I say, I get it, I would just try to limit any rotation as much as possible. So maybe every 4 games or something. I don’t want to have it most weeks where there’s a change to the pairing.

53 minutes ago, m0e said:

VVD and Gomez for this. Nailed on.

And Matip and Konaté for the Norwich game. Makes sense. 

Robbo and Trent to start with Williams and Tsimskas to play in the league cup. 

Saturday:

Allisson

Trent Gomes VVD Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Mané

Norwich:

Kelleher

Williams Matip Konaté Tsimikas

Jones Milner Keita

Ox Origi Minamino

Only Allisson, Trent, Robertson (who has had an injury break) Salah and Fabinho would have started 3 of the 4 games going into the Brentford game, where a couple of those could be rested. 

Can’t wait the first game Ive had a chance to get back to since Emre Can got the winner against Burnley seems like forever ago. 
My young lad is absolutely buzzing for it hopefully we can get the win. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Some of them appear to be feeling quite bullish.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=179295

Top top analysis:

View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware Today 9.59am

Liverpool aren't all that at the moment - the return of VanDijk hasn't shored them up in the same way as it did when he joined. not sure why, but as last nights game showed, they are vulnerable.

19 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Top top analysis:

Liverpool aren't all that at the moment - the return of VanDijk hasn't shored them up in the same way as it did when he joined. not sure why, but as last nights game showed, they are vulnerable.

We're unbeaten in like 15 games. "Aren't all that at the moment".

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're unbeaten in like 15 games. "Aren't all that at the moment".

The narrative that we are anything but excellent is total bollox.

Last 18 games - Won 13, drew 4 and lost 1. In that time we have played Real Madrid twice, Leipzig, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan and Leeds twice. 

"Van Dijk hasn't shored them up" using last night as evidence when Virgil didn't play. Conceded once in 4 that he has played. 

2 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Top top analysis:

He didnt notice Van Dijk sat on the subs bench for ninety minutes?

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

To put Zaha's threat into perspective - our non scoring #9 has more league golas than him in less minutes over the last three seasons.

Yeah. Get Trent on the front foot and see if Wilf is any good at defending.

The bottom line is that we are much better than these and should be slapping them around.

Just get these beat, Reds.

Strongest XI against Palace and then rest the whole starting XI from the Palace game against Norwich.

My XI (+subs) vs Palace:

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo; Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Kounate, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Origi.

My XI (+ subs) vs Norwich:

Kelleher; Gomez, Phillips, Kounate, Tsimikas; Milner, Keita, Jones; Minamino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Owen Beck, Tyler Morton, Kaide Gordon, Firmino* or James Balagizi.

*if fit enough

• Upvote 1