You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (H) - Sat 18th Sep 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nah. We were the better team throughout and good value for 3-0.

The clean sheet definitely flattered us. They hit the post twice in the first two mins and should have had a pen. And also had a few clear cut chance he's in the second half which thankfully they fucked up.

We were the better team but 3-2 would have been a fair scoreline as well IMO.

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Must admit from that angle I don't see any penalty either.

Not even close.  Forward was dreadful and lunged in instead of getting his body in the way and taking the hit.

City also had a goal disallowed at the end that looked level tbh.  Won’t stop the cries of corruption tho.  End of the day, they dropped two points to utter shite at home so crack out the whiskey.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

Your memory must be playing up if you think we had only two or three players out. Virgil, Joe, Joel, Jota and Hendo were all out for long periods last season and other players including Fabinho missed games during that shit patch too. 

Yea we were missing pretty much the entire spine of our team for a while there last season. The rescue job we did to come 3rd would be a collector's DVD for some other clubs.

5 hours ago, Elite said:

Things are looking good so far but midfield is a massive worry especially with Elliot already out for months and now Thiago possibly out for a while. We should have added another body, it'll be frustrating as fuck if that's what ultimately costs us.

Ah mate, come on, your better than that. We simply cannot have bought another player for here, another for there ad infinitum, there's rules for squad sizes.

Yeah Elliott is probably out for sometime into the New Year. Not sure what Thiago's injury was but he had 2 or 3 palace players going at him on that touchline and the ref's not even given a foul. Hopefully, he's not out too long but there's ample cover in the squad.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

This is one game at home to Crystal Palace.

We all saw how the squad stood up to two or three first eleven injuries between Boxing Day & the end of March last season & it was record breaking stuff in all the wrong ways.

The midfield is already starting to creak a bit this season after a Summer where a lot of Reds pointed out that not replacing Wijnaldum might prove costly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the ride immensely but it's a bit of a tightrope we're on.

I see Curtis Jones as equally good as Elliot, myself. Thiago has tweaked a muscle, but with Trent back Milner is excellent cover in midfield if Thiago is in and out of the team. I’m more concerned for Hendo to be honest. He worked hard today and took a couple of bad tackles that could easily keep him off the pitch if unluckier. 

when Bobby comes back, Jota can play a Mid role like he has before. I think we have a more flexible squad than we think.

7 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

The clean sheet definitely flattered us. They hit the post twice in the first two mins and should have had a pen. And also had a few clear cut chance he's in the second half which thankfully they fucked up.

Behave 3-2??. One of the chances that hit the post was offside and the clear cut chances were saved by Allison which is what he is paid to do. Never ever a pen either  Lets not forget Jotas miss which should have been buried. I think we were good for 2-0 so the 3rd was a bonus.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Ah mate, come on, your better than that. We simply cannot have bought another player for here, another for there ad infinitum, there's rules for squad sizes.

Yeah Elliott is probably out for sometime into the New Year. Not sure what Thiago's injury was but he had 2 or 3 palace players going at him on that touchline and the ref's not even given a foul. Hopefully, he's not out too long but there's ample cover in the squad.

We could have quite easily brought someone in, don't try to patronise me with that bollocks. Just hope we don't end up massively short in midfield, it's a very valid concern.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nah. We were the better team throughout and good value for 3-0.

It was a little flattering. Keita's goal was great, but would he have had such poise at 0-0? The other two goals, on the other hand, were the work of masters of their craft, anticipating the flight of the ball better than anyone around them. Lucky to be in the right place at the right time? The more they practice, the luckier they get.

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yeah,you made my point better than I did. We had the majority of chances and possession but thanks to luck and excellent goalkeeping we stopped them converting one or two excellent chances.

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

Alisson was worth the clean sheet. The number of times the ball was pinging about in the box and he dealt with it like a boss...he's just the best, isn't he?

The one from Ward that was deflected through. He made it look so easy.

He's quite possibly the best keeper I've ever seen and will definitely be in the conversation once his playing days are over.

11 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Yea we were missing pretty much the entire spine of our team for a while there last season. The rescue job we did to come 3rd would be a collector's DVD for some other clubs.

Eight wins and two draws from the last ten is brilliant form by any standards; doing it with Phillips, Kabak and Williams as your CB choices is taking the piss.