You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (H) - Sat 18th Sep 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Not sure i’d be looking to regularly rotate the centre halves. It’s fine to do it occasionally but it’s an area of the pitch where consistency of partnership is important.

I know that we have fitness considerations etc but in an ideal world you don’t want to be constantly tinkering there. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Not sure i’d be looking to regularly rotate the centre halves. It’s fine to do it occasionally but it’s an area of the pitch where consistency of partnership is important.

I know that we have fitness considerations etc but in an ideal world you don’t want to be constantly tinkering there. 

I agree but I think we're going to be extremely reluctant for Virgil and Joe to play twice a week over the next few months. Particularly when there's only two days' recovery between games. A long way from ideal but better than risking one of them breaking down. 

9 minutes ago, aws said:

I agree but I think we're going to be extremely reluctant for Virgil and Joe to play twice a week over the next few months. Particularly when there's only two days' recovery between games. A long way from ideal but better than risking one of them breaking down. 

Matip must be above Gomez in the pecking order and should get the day off on Saturday. Virg and Konate to start for me. Matip is playing out of his skin and needs to be looked after . 

53 minutes ago, m0e said:

VVD and Gomez for this. Nailed on.

And Matip and Konaté for the Norwich game. Makes sense. 

Robbo and Trent to start with Williams and Tsimskas to play in the league cup. 

Saturday:

Allisson

Trent Gomes VVD Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Mané

Norwich:

Kelleher

Williams Matip Konaté Tsimikas

Jones Milner Keita

Ox Origi Minamino

Only Allisson, Trent, Robertson (who has had an injury break) Salah and Fabinho would have started 3 of the 4 games going into the Brentford game, where a couple of those could be rested. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Some of them appear to be feeling quite bullish.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=179295

Top top analysis:

View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware Today 9.59am

Liverpool aren't all that at the moment - the return of VanDijk hasn't shored them up in the same way as it did when he joined. not sure why, but as last nights game showed, they are vulnerable.

19 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Top top analysis:

Liverpool aren't all that at the moment - the return of VanDijk hasn't shored them up in the same way as it did when he joined. not sure why, but as last nights game showed, they are vulnerable.

We're unbeaten in like 15 games. "Aren't all that at the moment".

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're unbeaten in like 15 games. "Aren't all that at the moment".

The narrative that we are anything but excellent is total bollox.

Last 18 games - Won 13, drew 4 and lost 1. In that time we have played Real Madrid twice, Leipzig, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan and Leeds twice. 

"Van Dijk hasn't shored them up" using last night as evidence when Virgil didn't play. Conceded once in 4 that he has played. 

2 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Top top analysis:

He didnt notice Van Dijk sat on the subs bench for ninety minutes?

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

To put Zaha's threat into perspective - our non scoring #9 has more league golas than him in less minutes over the last three seasons.

Yeah. Get Trent on the front foot and see if Wilf is any good at defending.

The bottom line is that we are much better than these and should be slapping them around.

Just get these beat, Reds.

Strongest XI against Palace and then rest the whole starting XI from the Palace game against Norwich.

My XI (+subs) vs Palace:

Alisson; Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo; Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Kounate, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Origi.

My XI (+ subs) vs Norwich:

Kelleher; Gomez, Phillips, Kounate, Tsimikas; Milner, Keita, Jones; Minamino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Owen Beck, Tyler Morton, Kaide Gordon, Firmino* or James Balagizi.

*if fit enough

• Upvote 1