Sign in to follow this  
Trumo

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Also, surely these games are what we bought Thiago for? Still mystified why he never played against Real Madrid. 

Our best performances in Europe over recent years have been driven by a ferocious press from midfield with three from Hendo, Gini, Fabinho and Milner, so it’s probably a horses for courses thing.

(I’d still have Thiago or Jones in over Keita)

We can’t play the same XI in every game if we want to compete in both competitions. No point having a squad if we can’t take calculated gambles on Gomez, Keita and Origi in some games. 

Jurgen using his squad. Good to see Gomez getting a game although I would have preferred him to have rested Matip rather than Virgil for this but even he cant play every game.

Origi needs to put a shift in with Jurgen showing faith in him as does Keita.

C'mon reds!

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We can’t play the same XI in every game if we want to compete in both competitions. No point having a squad if we can’t take calculated gambles on Gomez, Keita and Origi in some games. 

I understand the need to rotate, but taking the combined calculated gambles on a number of players in a single game is a big risk.

I’m fed up with BT having the European cup, stressful 20 minutes trying to find ‘somewhere’ to watch it. Wish they still did the highlights programme on ITV.

Anyway , come on lads!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Being picky but I preferred the 7.45pm kick offs.

Same.  

Strange lineup to say the least. Klopp must be very confident of winning because he knows he'll get slaughtered by the press if we lose this with that starting 11.