Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trumo

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bossy said:

Mo Salah, by the way, was fucking superb.

You just take it for granted now, so you forget how brilliant he is. Also, if he was due a missed pen then I’d rather it was this game than the PL.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dave D said:

City allowed someone to score a hat-trick against them despite spending a gazzilion quid. 

United managed to lose despite becoming the Unofficial world champions when signing Ronaldo.

 

Milan couldnt get past the half way line largely because the Liverpool eleven picked for the game played them off the park.

 

We let them back in, then turned it around and won the game.

 

Marvellous stuff     

Listen, we are an amazing, amazing side, with the best manager in world football. We could seriously win it all. 

 

If we had quality 16 instead of 12-13. We are always short in an area and its our achillies heel. City and Chelsea are not better than us, but they can sustain results better over the long haul.

 

Theres no way on earth, if Jurgen is given the choice between a new striker and Divock Origi he is going with the latter. Its utter horseshit. he should not be starting CL games in 2021.

 

Our owners boil my piss because it feels like we are pissing away the chance to completely dominate with a special manager and a great first 11.

 

Going back to the game, yeah its great we won but i don't just look at the result, i look at how we played and how the makeup of the team works. And tonight we got away with it against opposition that really are no great shakes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You just take it for granted now, so you forget how brilliant he is. Also, if he was due a missed pen then I’d rather it was this game than the PL.

Wrap him in cotton wool, i fear for us if he gets injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Salah is playing wider to stretch the opposition back 4 leaving space for Trent and ideally Elliot to exploit. 

Last season teams seemed to just defend the width of the 18yd box and we couldn't break it down 

I would’ve thought he’d get Trent to keep wide, Hendo to drop in to cover and Salah in the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus what a Big Dipper of a game!! Probably Henderson’s best ever goal for us saves the day. When he and Mo went off I got nervous because 10 minutes including injury time was a long time in this game, but we saw it out. Have to say though that we struggled a bit more to hold onto the ball after the last two subs.

 

Job done, but a reminder of what a CL group we are playing in, and lets hope Origi’s knock is not serious because the fixture list this season will stretch us to the limit.

 

Great to see Gomez back and I thought he was pretty solid. Question: why does the world seem to be in slow motion when Keita is on the ball? Its bizarre, is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

Jesus what a Big Dipper of a game!! Probably Henderson’s best ever goal for us saves the day. When he and Mo went off I got nervous because 10 minutes including injury time was a long time in this game, but we saw it out. Have to say though that we struggled a bit more to hold onto the ball after the last two subs.

 

Job done, but a reminder of what a CL group we are playing in, and lets hope Origi’s knock is not serious because the fixture list this season will stretch us to the limit.

 

Great to see Gomez back and I thought he was pretty solid. Question: why does the world seem to be in slow motion when Keita is on the ball? Its bizarre, is what it is.

Kieta is definitely not the box to box player i thought we were signing. he hardly runs with the ball now. has it been coached out of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I would’ve thought he’d get Trent to keep wide, Hendo to drop in to cover and Salah in the box. 

Not really what we’ve done so far this season. As someone said above, Harvey and Trent have been going inside a lot when Mo has gone wide. I like that a lot. Gets Trent into really advanced positions. Hendo or maybe Curtis can fill in for Harvey. We got a lot of joy against Burnley in those positions and against Leeds. Trent and Mo are unique so when one of them is rested or injured we’ll have to find a different way to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

The assist from Div was sensational.

Yeah he was decent. Klopp should never start him out wide again. Surely that experiment has run its course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Kieta is definitely not the box to box player i thought we were signing. he hardly runs with the ball now. has it been coached out of him?

I’d like Jurgen to give a bit of insight into Keita’s style and more importantly, his role.

 

I’m not ‘having a go’ , it’s a genuine wanting to know exactly what is expected of him when he takes to the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Kieta is definitely not the box to box player i thought we were signing. he hardly runs with the ball now. has it been coached out of him?

It's a weird one. I've heard some say he's being coached to play the Wijnaldum role - playing within himself - but at best that's only half the problem. He seems just a bit weak and timid; the opportunities to go past players are there, and he shifts it like he's going for the space, then bottles it.

 

Comparing his Bundesliga game to his PL game is like watching Sturridge before and after his loss of confidence in his body. I might be reading too much into it, but it looked a bit like Klopp was trying to reassure him after the game, build him up a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I would’ve thought he’d get Trent to keep wide, Hendo to drop in to cover and Salah in the box. 

That's what was happening last year and teams were letting us have the ball wide and fulling the box. We don't really have a poacher that scores in a packed box. We are trying to create space 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's a weird one. I've heard some say he's being coached to play the Wijnaldum role - playing within himself - but at best that's only half the problem. He seems just a bit weak and timid; the opportunities to go past players are there, and he shifts it like he's going for the space, then bottles it.

 

Comparing his Bundesliga game to his PL game is like watching Sturridge before and after his loss of confidence in his body. I might be reading too much into it, but it looked a bit like Klopp was trying to reassure him after the game, build him up a bit.

I don’t think he likes getting kicked.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's a weird one. I've heard some say he's being coached to play the Wijnaldum role - playing within himself - but at best that's only half the problem. He seems just a bit weak and timid; the opportunities to go past players are there, and he shifts it like he's going for the space, then bottles it.

 

Comparing his Bundesliga game to his PL game is like watching Sturridge before and after his loss of confidence in his body. I might be reading too much into it, but it looked a bit like Klopp was trying to reassure him after the game, build him up a bit.

As someone said above, it'd be nice if Klopp elaborated on what exactly Keita is supposed to be doing or if it could just be more obvious. I think he's better on the left, and way better further up the pitch when we press high and he can use his dribbling ability, but then the end product isn't really there so it's almost like there's no point at all. I don't think he's similar to Wijnaldum in play style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before on here but we didn't spend nearly £60m on Keita to coach his best attributes out of him, the ones that made us spend that amount of money and wait 12 months for him.  If we have done that more recently it's because we've realised that for whatever reason his best attributes have not travelled from Germany with him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moo said:

 for whatever reason his best attributes have not travelled from Germany with him.

They're stuck at customs.

 

Fucking Brexit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’d like Jurgen to give a bit of insight into Keita’s style and more importantly, his role.

 

I’m not ‘having a go’ , it’s a genuine wanting to know exactly what is expected of him when he takes to the field.

I will give you one aspect that I am sure gets noticed - he misplaced two passes today - 95.5% accuracy. Lost the ball once through a bad touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rubble-rouser said:

Similar to our 1st game against PSG 3 years ago

Remind me how the season ended...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I will give you one aspect that I am sure gets noticed - he misplaced two passes today - 95.5% accuracy. Lost the ball once through a bad touch.

That is quite similar to how Wijnaldum played, tbf. High passing percentage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the idea that someone at Liverpool ie Jurgen or anyone on his coaching staff, has coached whatever made us buy Keita 'out of' the player he was, is, frankly, preposterous.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t think he likes getting kicked.

I read that with the same open-hearted innocence as JP saying "...and on his birthday" when complaining about online criticism of Brendan.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×