Sign in to follow this  
Trumo

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Listen tit, i will enjoy the game, but again we leave ourselves open to be fucken shot down. Jurgen made four changes, this is only our fifth game of the season and he needs to manage us and our backup options are less than stellar. We shipped two goals to a Milan side that couldn't get past the halfway line for 40 minutes.

City allowed someone to score a hat-trick against them despite spending a gazzilion quid. 

United managed to lose despite becoming the Unofficial world champions when signing Ronaldo.

Milan couldnt get past the half way line largely because the Liverpool eleven picked for the game played them off the park.

We let them back in, then turned it around and won the game.

Marvellous stuff     

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It was a fantastic game to watch, though I suspect Klopp won't be over the moon with how the team behaved during that period at the end of the first half.  We made it very easy for them, allowing them to slice through the midfield, and a number of poor defensive decisions almost killed us.  Origi did well overall, and his assist was a belter.  As was Henderson's goal.   Keita once again failed to grab the opportunity, and I fear his time may have come and gone now. 

I'm not sure we can sustain that level of heavy metal football over the season; though the Italians' defence was hardly Premiership quality, and I guess we had to try to make hay while the sun was shining.   

I think the idea was to get it won while they were rocking and give us a chance to make changes in the second half 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Kept us waiting for over a decade but finally we’ve got a post of yours that people can agree with. 

Been waiting to get a fucking word in.  

Cunts from Runcorn like the sound of their own keypad.

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think the idea was to get it won while they were rocking and give us a chance to make changes in the second half 

yep, but we were always going to blow ourselves (ooer) out if we couldn't capitalise.

Big shout out to Stig. The way he grabbed that burst ball when Klopp threw it into the crowd was magnificent.

• Upvote 2

Good game to watch, and much to praise.

When we play with the sort of intensity we showed for the first 20 minutes or so, we can really threaten to blow teams away. Milan were fortunate that for all our attacking endeavour, we only had one goal to show for it.

Then when the intensity dropped off, we started getting sloppy and were a lot slower to close Milan down, and we ended up paying for it in the first half. We've seen it an Anfield under Jurgen quite a few times, letting sloppiness creep in and giving opponents a lifeline. Sevilla, PSG, Salzburg and Atletico are all games that spring to mind.

We sorted it out in the second half though, and that's the bit I'm sure Jurgen will be keen to emphasise. We try to do all the right things, and we have the mentality to claw things back if things haven't quite gone to plan.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Only cramp for Origi. We’re likely to need him again in the next couple of weeks.

In the first half he broke sweat a few times and had people chanting his name. I hope he decides to do that again next time he plays.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Trent is not the best in tight situations is he? Not sure why he tucks in more this season.

Salah is playing wider to stretch the opposition back 4 leaving space for Trent and ideally Elliot to exploit. 

Last season teams seemed to just defend the width of the 18yd box and we couldn't break it down 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, there was. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Need was indeed there. 

Are you drunk? Because you’re being a dickhead.

• Upvote 4