You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

9 hours ago, m0e said:

When Naby Keita finally fucks off, he'll be remembered for pulling out of challenges, doing fuck all with the ball, getting nutmegged, being easily brushed off the ball, giving needless fouls away, and constantly losing his man.

Worst signing ever.

You need a bit of that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

None of those cost over £50M though.  

Aquilani was pretty expensive for the time. Balotelli wasn't cheap (and he was the exact opposite of what we needed). Diouf was expensive, shite and disruptive. There's an argument to be made for Carroll, too 

I'm not saying that Keita was a great signing, just that it's never simple to point to one player and say "he's our worst".

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Fair enough. If we're going on transfer fees, I agree. 

Most of them impacted the result, positively, in at least one meaningful game,  bar Dundee.

An none of them had the number of opportunities this cunt has had.

You can go on that too.

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

By the way, was Hendo getting a bit of stick in the ground tonight? He seemed to first point to the Main stand then put his finger behind his ear in a sign of 'what were you shouting?' after his goal. He always gives it a bit of gusto when he scores but he seemed a bit more pissed off about something during his goal celebration to me.

Hearing it was his tribute to another LFC North Eastern legend  , Stewart Downing.

“Cunt” is a bit harsh but he is an infuriating player for me. Takes too many touches, slows the game down, is very predictable and has very little end product. He’s playing as an 8 in a system where the midfielders have less emphasis to do that which probably impacts on it to be fair but still, he just looks bang average to me in the majority of games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Aquilani was pretty expensive for the time. Balotelli wasn't cheap (and he was the exact opposite of what we needed). Diouf was expensive, shite and disruptive. There's an argument to be made for Carroll, too 

I'm not saying that Keita was a great signing, just that it's never simple to point to one player and say "he's our worst".

It's definitely not simple.

I've definitely arrived at that conclusion though.

He was given the #8, used up our entire budget, and was meant to take us to the next level.

Aquilani was a replacement for Alonso, and was never expected to take us up a level. Same with Carrol and Torres. Balotelli and Suarez. All 3 players came in when a superior player fucked us off for a 'better' club.

Keita came in when we could have bought almost ANY player in world football.

As for Kozma, Dundee, Gonzalez, Aspas etc al, these were all clearly punts to beef up the squad.

As far as transfers go, they're not even in the same conversation.

Markovic is the only one who comes close to Keita in terms of the worst ever, and he was brought in as potential rather than ready made, which is why Keita 'wins it'.

11 minutes ago, No2 said:

Keita wasn't bad yesterday. You don't annihilate anyone in the CL if you're carrying passengers. 3-2 looks close but that was 10-2 game.

Any talented player looks good when we're in that mood.

It's what happens when he's needed that's the problem.

50 minutes ago, Brownie said:

“Cunt” is a bit harsh but he is an infuriating player for me. Takes too many touches, slows the game down, is very predictable and has very little end product. He’s playing as an 8 in a system where the midfielders have less emphasis to do that which probably impacts on it to be fair but still, he just looks bang average to me in the majority of games.

I hear you, and probably agree on the term.

But watch that first Milan goal and keep an eye on him.

It's indefensible.

28 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I noticed after the match a bit of mutual applause between the Milan fans and Reds in the Main Stand.  I like stuff like that.

I remember being on a platform in Athens in 2007, heading back to the Airport and a very uncomfortable nights sleep on a floor somewhere.

Our side of the platform was mostly reds, the other side mostly Milan fans. Obviously we were all disappointed and they were jubilant but both sets of supporters made time to show a bit of mutual respect.

It doesn’t always happen, it didn’t happen at other times on that day, but it was a nice couple of minutes on an otherwise dark day. 

• Upvote 1