You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

By the way, was Hendo getting a bit of stick in the ground tonight? He seemed to first point to the Main stand then put his finger behind his ear in a sign of 'what were you shouting?' after his goal. He always gives it a bit of gusto when he scores but he seemed a bit more pissed off about something during his goal celebration to me.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

By the way, was Hendo getting a bit of stick in the ground tonight? He seemed to first point to the Main stand then put his finger behind his ear in a sign of 'what were you shouting?' after his goal. He always gives it a bit of gusto when he scores but he seemed a bit more pissed off about something during his goal celebration to me.

Deffo feeling the Hendo love in the ground tonight. No stick at all; in fact, the opposite.

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That is quite similar to how Wijnaldum played, tbf. High passing percentage.

Yea, we need a possession oriented midfielder in that deeper left role.

Thing about Gini was - he always had gas in the tank and he turned tight 50/50 battles for the ball into 60/40 in his favor by his relentlessness.

Keita, not so much. I see him as Thiago's backup on the left of midfield.

When Naby Keita finally fucks off, he'll be remembered for pulling out of challenges, doing fuck all with the ball, getting nutmegged, being easily brushed off the ball, giving needless fouls away, and constantly losing his man.

Worst signing ever.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

And we call ourselves supporters, eh?

Rather than encouraging Klopp to not play the Belgian cunt ever again - when our crowd had the chance to do the right thing and boo him off - what did they do instead?  Give the cunt a round of applause.

No wonder AC have won more one more European Cup than us.

I think the original quote was a piss take and not serious.

Job done in end.

Weird game....miles better than them yet somehow we managed to go in at half time 2-1 down and for a moment thought it was 3 right at start of 2nd half.

Don't think i have ever seen a team offer less and be 2-1 up at half time than them last night.

We should have been out of sight, and had Salah scored that pen we would have been, floodgates would have opened.

Cracking goal by Henderson - his song echoed around Kop a few times on the night - good to hear.

Speaking of The Kop we are in 304 for European games and we are very near back - Row 72...good spec, what really makes it is a lively atmoshere up there but really good is this new rail seating - was so, so good to stand all game and have something in front of you to lean/hold on when wanted to. Could maybe do with being a fraction higher (i am a tallish lad and my mates are both 6'4") but really like the idea.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Job done in end.

Weird game....miles better than them yet somehow we managed to go in at half time 2-1 down and for a moment thought it was 3 right at start of 2nd half.

Don't think i have ever seen a team offer less and be 2-1 up at half time than them last night.

We should have been out of sight, and had Salah scored that pen we would have been, floodgates would have opened.

Cracking goal by Henderson - his song echoed around Kop a few times on the night - good to hear.

Speaking of The Kop we are in 304 for European games and we are very near back - Row 72...good spec, what really makes it is a lively atmoshere up there but really good is this new rail seating - was so, so good to stand all game and have something in front of you to lean/hold on when wanted to. Could maybe do with being a fraction higher (i am a tallish lad and my mates are both 6'4") but really like the idea.

I think the boys got carried away 1st half, became like an attack v defence training game and they got caught. They were more disciplined in the 2nd half and kept their shape better.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, m0e said:

When Naby Keita finally fucks off, he'll be remembered for pulling out of challenges, doing fuck all with the ball, getting nutmegged, being easily brushed off the ball, giving needless fouls away, and constantly losing his man.

Worst signing ever.

Correct, he is not far off being the only outright dud of our recent transfer deals (I see Minamino and Davis as an attempt to flip a player for profit, that haven'tcome off ).

I remember thinking 'we're in trouble here' when Klopp had a go at him about being too quiet and not integrating into the squad, this was in part because he couldn't speak English at all even though he knew he was moving here for a period of about 6/7months beforehand. Would it really have been so hard to arrange a intensive block of English language sessions? Especially given that he was injured for a part of that time. Also much like Minamino I think the club needs to be extra cautious when bringing in physically smaller players from abroad as often they tend to struggle with the Premier league.

With regards to last night's game it was an ace occasion and it feels great to see Anfield full and raucous again.

If we can get a result against Porto and Milan can do us a favour then hopefully that gang of disgusting diving play acting cheats will have to actually try and play against us.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

If Origi could get his confidence back and start playing like 2015 again through the middle, well that would be nice. Big if though 

Every now and then, just when you think you've finally given up on him, he'll do something like that assist last night or that goal (from Lovren's long pass) against Everton and, despite yourself, you want to start believing again.

34 minutes ago, aws said:

I think Origi would be decent enough if he was playing for a lower level club week in, week out. He's got a lot of talent but his form and mentality is streaky. He needs to be starting regularly somewhere.

I could definitely see him scoring a dozen per season.