You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Listen tit, i will enjoy the game, but again we leave ourselves open to be fucken shot down. Jurgen made four changes, this is only our fifth game of the season and he needs to manage us and our backup options are less than stellar. We shipped two goals to a Milan side that couldn't get past the halfway line for 40 minutes.

City allowed someone to score a hat-trick against them despite spending a gazzilion quid. 

United managed to lose despite becoming the Unofficial world champions when signing Ronaldo.

Milan couldnt get past the half way line largely because the Liverpool eleven picked for the game played them off the park.

We let them back in, then turned it around and won the game.

Marvellous stuff     

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It was a fantastic game to watch, though I suspect Klopp won't be over the moon with how the team behaved during that period at the end of the first half.  We made it very easy for them, allowing them to slice through the midfield, and a number of poor defensive decisions almost killed us.  Origi did well overall, and his assist was a belter.  As was Henderson's goal.   Keita once again failed to grab the opportunity, and I fear his time may have come and gone now. 

I'm not sure we can sustain that level of heavy metal football over the season; though the Italians' defence was hardly Premiership quality, and I guess we had to try to make hay while the sun was shining.   

I think the idea was to get it won while they were rocking and give us a chance to make changes in the second half 

Good game to watch, and much to praise.

When we play with the sort of intensity we showed for the first 20 minutes or so, we can really threaten to blow teams away. Milan were fortunate that for all our attacking endeavour, we only had one goal to show for it.

Then when the intensity dropped off, we started getting sloppy and were a lot slower to close Milan down, and we ended up paying for it in the first half. We've seen it an Anfield under Jurgen quite a few times, letting sloppiness creep in and giving opponents a lifeline. Sevilla, PSG, Salzburg and Atletico are all games that spring to mind.

We sorted it out in the second half though, and that's the bit I'm sure Jurgen will be keen to emphasise. We try to do all the right things, and we have the mentality to claw things back if things haven't quite gone to plan.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Trent is not the best in tight situations is he? Not sure why he tucks in more this season.

Salah is playing wider to stretch the opposition back 4 leaving space for Trent and ideally Elliot to exploit. 

Last season teams seemed to just defend the width of the 18yd box and we couldn't break it down 

• Upvote 1