You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC Milan (H) - CL, Wed 15th Sep 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Once again, Jurgen shows he knows his onions. Usual stuff about the team selection before the game. Why cant folk have a bit of patience? We've got one of the best managers and some question his use of players?

Gomez was ring rusty which is to be expected. I think Joe needs a talker next to him in defence and I dont think Joel talks enough. But people slag off Joe and he's just 24. Where was Virgil playing when he was 24, holland or Scotland wasnt it?

An early goal was just what we needed even if it turned out to be an oggie. Mo had chance to make it 2 but missed his first pen for us in ages. When did he last miss one for us, I cant remember.

That was to prove costly because a calamitous couple of minutes before half time saw Milan not only level but sneak a 2nd to go in at half time in the lead!

That deficit didnt last long however as Mo made up for his missed penalty to make the score 2-2 early in the 2nd half.

The rest of the game was a bit nail biting until Captain Fantastic, not having the best of games hit a ball Stevie Gerrard would be proud of to restore the boys lead on the night.

Hendo wasnt the only one having a difficult night. Naby Keita looks as far away from a £52m player as ever. The boy just hasnt settled here and the time for the club to bite the bullet on his future gets closer and closer with some suggesting, his time has passed.

What we mustnt forget is the boys played late Sunday. I dont know if Milan played on the same Sunday or Saturday. We won albeit with a bit of a struggle but it's still a win and 3 points. Porto and Atleti drew so, we're also 2 points ahead of them.

Overall, not a bad night then, eh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

But he was pure shite though. Not booing him off gives Klopp a free ride to play him again. It’s totally irresponsible. 

And we call ourselves supporters, eh?

Rather than encouraging Klopp to not play the Belgian cunt ever again - when our crowd had the chance to do the right thing and boo him off - what did they do instead?  Give the cunt a round of applause.

No wonder AC have won more one more European Cup than us.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Shouldn't have even been close they are dreadful side.

How can you have the ball for 40 minutes in the opposition penalty area and your main striker doesn't have a shot or header at goal???

And people on here are praising him. Thats our fallback option. Fucking boggles the mind.

Just be happy for once you fucking cosmonaut 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

The thing for me with Origi tonight, was that he looked like he gave a shit, which is an impression he's not given for quite a while. He deserved the reward of the assist with that class scooped ball for Salah's goal.

Origi did ok tonight by his low standards. 

It was a fantastic game to watch, though I suspect Klopp won't be over the moon with how the team behaved during that period at the end of the first half.  We made it very easy for them, allowing them to slice through the midfield, and a number of poor defensive decisions almost killed us.  Origi did well overall, and his assist was a belter.  As was Henderson's goal.   Keita once again failed to grab the opportunity, and I fear his time may have come and gone now. 

I'm not sure we can sustain that level of heavy metal football over the season; though the Italians' defence was hardly Premiership quality, and I guess we had to try to make hay while the sun was shining.   

4 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

And we call ourselves supporters, eh?

Rather than encouraging Klopp to not play the Belgian cunt ever again - when our crowd had the chance to do the right thing and boo him off - what did they do instead?  Give the cunt a round of applause.

No wonder AC have won more one more European Cup than us.

Kept us waiting for over a decade but finally we’ve got a post of yours that people can agree with. 

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

I'm not sure we can sustain that level of heavy metal football over the season; though the Italians' defence was hardly Premiership quality, and I guess we had to try to make hay while the sun was shining.   

VvD tends to make it more rhythm and blues when he's in.