Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Nominations

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I scanned through and I reckon Imagine or .... Sittin on the Dock of the Bay 

I know Imagine was just John but in my mind I included it under The Beatles heading, probably favourite at this stage. Other shout is good too, Otis was great. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Stoned Love should have been nominated. It's defo going into the playlist after this tournament ends in 2023. 

And The Happening?

None of my songs have appeared in a poll yet but I am already fuming about the lack of votes they will be getting. It's not exactly obscure stuff but still not as well known to stand a chance. The Radiohead track might get a couple votes but I don't think there will much more likely that. 

Shithouse cunts. This country. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

None of my songs have appeared in a poll yet but I am already fuming about the lack of votes they will be getting. It's not exactly obscure stuff but still not as well known to stand a chance. The Radiohead track might get a couple votes but I don't think there will much more likely that. 

One of your nominations is in the group of death. And when I mean group of death its absolutely out of order how good the group is. 

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

One of your nominations is in the group of death. And when I mean group of death its absolutely out of order how good the group is. 

Haha, it might not even get my vote then

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

If it helps, I won't be voting for Radiohead.

On 09/09/2021 at 23:08, Remmie said:

The only one - The Black Keys

High and Dry - Radiohead

Local boy in the photograph - Stereophonics

Already started self harming over the ones I have forgotten about at time of posting. 

Local Boy...

Now that is a tune.

• Upvote 1

How many people have listened too or listen to the spotify list for this? 

Was thinking of opening it up to song suggestions but with rules. You post the youtube of a song, if it gets 3 yes votes then it gets added on spotify however if it gets 3 no votes before 3 yes votes it doesn't get entered. 

Anyone arsed? 

Here's the playlist as it stands with all nominations:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0N7hAPRUWosj3U6J3tVVvD?si=32d91515b1fa4bc4

• Upvote 2

On 14/10/2021 at 19:36, Bjornebye said:

Was thinking of opening it up to song suggestions but with rules. You post the youtube of a song, if it gets 3 yes votes then it gets added on spotify however if it gets 3 no votes before 3 yes votes it doesn't get entered. 

Anyone arsed? 

I've listened to the playlist a few times and I like this idea: gives a shot at redemption to those songs that just missed out.

I'll kick off with Like A Hurricane.

On 14/10/2021 at 19:36, Bjornebye said:

Anyone arsed? 

I've listened to it. There are only a couple that I've liked that I hadn't heard before though.

I’ve had it on a couple of times. Played it on the drive to Anglesey with my 74 year old mother in the backseat. She seemed to enjoy it, stopped her moaning about my driving for a while anyway.