Jump to content
Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Nominations

Recommended Posts

Rainy Night in Soho - The Pogues

And I Wonder? - The Slackers

God only knows - Beach Boys

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is too difficult, so I’ll just pick some songs beginning with T.
 

This Woman’s Work - Kate Bush

Tecumseh Valley - Townes van Zandt

Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Rainy Night in Soho - The Pogues

And I Wonder? - The Slackers

God only knows - Beach Boys

God Only Knows rep.

It was a tug of love between that and What a Wonderful World for me which won. Just.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is hard so I'll pick two that would undoubtedly be in my top 10, and one that would make my top 100 because there's just so many.

 

Music Sounds Better With You - Stardust

Sweet Love - Anita Baker

Vincent - Don McLean

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Well this is hard so I'll pick two that would undoubtedly be in my top 10, and one that would make my top 100 because there's just so many.

 

Music Sounds Better With You - Stardust

Sweet Love - Anita Baker

Vincent - Don McLean

 

 

Random. I couldn't stand that song when it was out, badly got over-played. Heard it for the first time in years about a week ago and threw it onto one of my playlists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Random. I couldn't stand that song when it was out, badly got over-played. Heard it for the first time in years about a week ago and threw it onto one of my playlists. 

To me it's the best house/dance song ever, and I know how tough the competition is, with a bit of Europop thrown in which I love.  It's perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moo said:

To me it's the best house/dance song ever, and I know how tough the competition is, with a bit of Europop thrown in which I love.  It's perfect.

I wouldn't go that far! It's defo a lot better to my ears than it used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Random. I couldn't stand that song when it was out, badly got over-played. Heard it for the first time in years about a week ago and threw it onto one of my playlists. 

The video is boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deliberately left my actual favourite song out, mainly because I wasn't a fan when I first heard it. Springtime by Leatherface. His voice takes some getting used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

Pet Shop Boys - Rent

Girls Aloud - Biology

Is the last one a piss take? Cool if

not I just need to check as I can’t see any Nik Kershaw in your selections …… 

 

Out of rep for Motorcycle Emptiness if someone can do the honours I’d be grateful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

Pet Shop Boys - Rent

Girls Aloud - Biology

Motorcycle Emptiness repped - wouldn't be upset if that won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I don’t think I’ve seen any ABBA songs. ABBA are great. Someone pick an ABBA song. 

The pics so far have been superb, the playlist is already great. I'd just like to say thank you for the music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Very good. Thanks for putting the competition together. You’re a Super Trouper. 

It's always good doing these tournaments because the winner takes it all. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Is the last one a piss take? Cool if

not I just need to check as I can’t see any Nik Kershaw in your selections …… 

 

Out of rep for Motorcycle Emptiness if someone can do the honours I’d be grateful 

Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

Pet Shop Boys - Rent

Girls Aloud - Biology

Rent is an absolute classic. Just a perfect song. Being Boring is even better though!

 

Girls Aloud I'd have to go for Call The Shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jungleland - Springsteen 

Suedehead - Morrissey

I wanna be adored - Stone Roses. 
 

just what I’ve been listening to cleaning the house.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×