You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Nominations

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I scanned through and I reckon Imagine or .... Sittin on the Dock of the Bay 

I know Imagine was just John but in my mind I included it under The Beatles heading, probably favourite at this stage. Other shout is good too, Otis was great. 

• 2 weeks later...

None of my songs have appeared in a poll yet but I am already fuming about the lack of votes they will be getting. It's not exactly obscure stuff but still not as well known to stand a chance. The Radiohead track might get a couple votes but I don't think there will much more likely that. 

Shithouse cunts. This country. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

None of my songs have appeared in a poll yet but I am already fuming about the lack of votes they will be getting. It's not exactly obscure stuff but still not as well known to stand a chance. The Radiohead track might get a couple votes but I don't think there will much more likely that. 

One of your nominations is in the group of death. And when I mean group of death its absolutely out of order how good the group is. 

4 hours ago, Remmie said:

If it helps, I won't be voting for Radiohead.

• 3 weeks later...

How many people have listened too or listen to the spotify list for this? 

Was thinking of opening it up to song suggestions but with rules. You post the youtube of a song, if it gets 3 yes votes then it gets added on spotify however if it gets 3 no votes before 3 yes votes it doesn't get entered. 

Anyone arsed? 

Here's the playlist as it stands with all nominations:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0N7hAPRUWosj3U6J3tVVvD?si=32d91515b1fa4bc4

• Upvote 2

On 14/10/2021 at 19:36, Bjornebye said:

Was thinking of opening it up to song suggestions but with rules. You post the youtube of a song, if it gets 3 yes votes then it gets added on spotify however if it gets 3 no votes before 3 yes votes it doesn't get entered. 

Anyone arsed? 

I've listened to the playlist a few times and I like this idea: gives a shot at redemption to those songs that just missed out.

I'll kick off with Like A Hurricane.

On 14/10/2021 at 19:36, Bjornebye said:

Anyone arsed? 

I've listened to it. There are only a couple that I've liked that I hadn't heard before though.

• 9 months later...
On 11/09/2021 at 08:57, Bjornebye said:

Is the last one a piss take? Cool if

not I just need to check as I can’t see any Nik Kershaw in your selections …… 

Odd one is Nick, how can such an appalling song (I am the one and only) contain such an outstanding lyric as “ high hopes and expectations…..ideas above my station maybe” …..it’s a puzzler alright 

• Upvote 1