You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oxlade-Chamberlain: This season is a great opportunity for me 

TLW

I realise I'm in the minority, but I still think he was excellent in the second half of his first season with us. I always felt the team looked more dynamic with him in the midfield three. I was gutted when he picked up the injury against Roma, not just because he seems like a nice lad but because I felt we genuinely missed him and what he offered.

But ever since the injury, even though I'd argue he's not actually lost his pace, he's been pretty much uniformly terrible – and he seems to know that himself. 

Oxlade Chamberlain: "This season is a great opportunity for me to sit on the bench and collect £120,000 a week."

26173828-8131687-Wow_Perrie_Edwards_26_a

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, or "AOC" as he likes to be called, was in an unusually candid mood when he allowed reporters into the plush Cheshire residence he shares with that Geordie lass from X factor for a sitdown chat and some impromptu dancing.

"I'll be honest with you, my body is shot. I never even expected to play football again, let alone represent Liverpool".

He went on:

"They did an MRI scan on me once in The Spire, and the doctor told me that if I changed my routine in any way, I'd likely drop dead. I took this to mean I'm invincible, but the doctor (with a frightened look on his face) told me the opposite is true. The injuries I've had are so numerous, in so many areas of my body, that it's a statistical anomaly how I'm still alive. I thought I tore my ACL twice, but he actually informed me I'd torn it thousands of times. I have a condition called "ligamentcoctaham osteotinnitus" which means my ligaments have the elasticity of boiled ham. It also causes calcium to leave my bones and escape through my ears. As you can imagine, it's very distressing."

Thoughts turned to Gini Wijnaldum's summer move to PSG and the potential role Chamberlain could play for the Reds this season:

"I'm up against players like Thiago and Neco Williams. There's no chance for me. This season is a great opportunity for me to sit on the bench and collect £120,000 a week - which is pretty much my thought process every season."

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Boss said:

Oxlade Chamberlain: "This season is a great opportunity for me to sit on the bench and collect £120,000 a week."

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, or "AOC" as he likes to be called, was in an unusually candid mood when he allowed reporters into the plush Cheshire residence he shares with that Geordie lass from X factor for a sitdown chat and some impromptu dancing.

Good to see you posting again. 

23 minutes ago, Boss said:

"I'll be honest with you, my body is shot. I never even expected to play football again, let alone represent Liverpool".

He went on:

"They did an MRI scan on me once in The Spire, and the doctor told me that if I changed my routine in any way, I'd likely drop dead. I took this to mean I'm invincible, but the doctor (with a frightened look on his face) told me the opposite is true. The injuries I've had are so numerous, in so many areas of my body, that it's a statistical anomaly how I'm still alive. I thought I tore my ACL twice, but he actually informed me I'd torn it thousands of times. I have a condition called "ligamentcoctaham osteotinnitus" which means my ligaments have the elasticity of boiled ham. It also causes calcium to leave my bones and escape through my ears. As you can imagine, it's very distressing."

Thoughts turned to Gini Wijnaldum's summer move to PSG and the potential role Chamberlain could play for the Reds this season:

"I'm up against players like Thiago and Neco Williams. There's no chance for me. This season is a great opportunity for me to sit on the bench and collect £120,000 a week - which is pretty much my thought process every season."

Likes to be called AOC? He taking the piss even that sounds like an injury!

On 07/09/2021 at 11:35, magicrat said:

We should never have bought him.

That's a valid point.  Would love the inside track on how his signing came about. 

I remember us being linked to Paredes that summer but he's not remotely similar in style to Ox.

Hindsight is brutal though, and summer 2017 saw the following happen:

Tielemans to Monaco £21m

Fornals to Villarreal £10m

Pellegrino to Roma £8m

Bruno Fernandes to Sporting £7m

But maybe Chamberlain was just a peculiar player that made Klopp and Edwards think there was nobody else on the market like him, at that price, with unrealised potential, a naturally athletic physique, great technique, and a desire to succeed.  

3 hours ago, Boss said:

He went on:

6AE04ADE-D67F-4EFA-89A6-597D7843C6CD.gif

Good to see you back on the forum mate.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

That's a valid point.  Would love the inside track on how his signing came about. 

I remember us being linked to Paredes that summer but he's not remotely similar in style to Ox.

Hindsight is brutal though, and summer 2017 saw the following happen:

Tielemans to Monaco £21m

Fornals to Villarreal £10m

Pellegrino to Roma £8m

Bruno Fernandes to Sporting £7m

But maybe Chamberlain was just a peculiar player that made Klopp and Edwards think there was nobody else on the market like him, at that price, with unrealised potential, a naturally athletic physique, great technique, and a desire to succeed.  

He was bought for home grown quota. We might aswell have signed some random from Preston.

Interesting watching a few vids of him in his Arsenal days, and his interview when he first joined. 

He spoke about being excited to play more as an attacker, which we've never really seen come to pass.  

But he was a fabulous right winger or wingback, with a great delivery. There's a very good vid of his game for Arsenal v Man City, electric.  Stands players up and beats them for pace, and he's always moving with the ball, and he's fucking jacked.  Traore-lite. 

It just further makes his signing a bit of a mystery for me. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Interesting watching a few vids of him in his Arsenal days, and his interview when he first joined. 

He spoke about being excited to play more as an attacker, which we've never really seen come to pass.  

But he was a fabulous right winger or wingback, with a great delivery. There's a very good vid of his game for Arsenal v Man City, electric.  Stands players up and beats them for pace, and he's always moving with the ball, and he's fucking jacked.  Traore-lite. 

It just further makes his signing a bit of a mystery for me. 

He was never a "fabulous" anything.