You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Not too bothered by the bans, yes FIFA are lacking common sense with this course of action. But if the UK had also used common sense and made an exception for returning players, these three still wouldn't likely have been available for Sunday, since Brazil play in the early hours of Friday.

12 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Thiago isn’t lightweight.  He is our best midfielder so he will play if fit. 

Is right 

57 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Just seems a bit lightweight and lacking in pace against a quick Leeds midfield 

What stringvest said

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Virgil van Dijk is fully fit after international duty, and provided updates on Harvey Elliott, Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Takumi Minamino.

Liverpool resume their Premier League campaign with a trip to Leeds United this Sunday and will be able to call on Van Dijk, who quickly shook off a minor knock while representing the Netherlands on Tuesday night.

Elliott is now fit, too, following his withdrawal from England U21s duty, but Firmino and Minamino are continuing to recover from injuries and Milner has yet to resume team training.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com on Thursday afternoon, Klopp said: “Taki is already here for a while, he got injured obviously with Japan.

“With Virgil, that was obviously a scary moment, you can imagine. I sent him a message after the game, ‘Are you alright?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘100 per cent?’ ‘200 per cent.’ ‘Come on, send me a video of you without limping...’ ‘I’m only limping off.’

“So he called me from the bus and said, ‘Boss, I’m fine!’ I said, ‘Why are you limping then?’ He said, ‘My wife asked the same!’ So, yeah, that was a bit of a tricky moment but apart from that, no, all fine [for the other international players].

“Bobby is not [fit], it happened in the game [against Chelsea] obviously.

“Harvey is fine again.

“Millie, we have to see. Millie has to be part of team training yet, he was not part of team training so far, so we will see what he can do today. But he will get closer definitely.”

Klopp also explained Keita is now back on Merseyside as the Reds step up their preparations for the weekend clash at Elland Road.

“Naby is fine,” said the boss. “Yesterday he was not here [at the AXA Training Centre] but he was in Liverpool again. I will have a chat with him today, but from what I know from all the calls and talks we had, he’s fine.”

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Virgil van Dijk is fully fit after international duty, and provided updates on Harvey Elliott, Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner and Takumi Minamino.

Liverpool resume their Premier League campaign with a trip to Leeds United this Sunday and will be able to call on Van Dijk, who quickly shook off a minor knock while representing the Netherlands on Tuesday night.

Elliott is now fit, too, following his withdrawal from England U21s duty, but Firmino and Minamino are continuing to recover from injuries and Milner has yet to resume team training.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com on Thursday afternoon, Klopp said: “Taki is already here for a while, he got injured obviously with Japan.

“With Virgil, that was obviously a scary moment, you can imagine. I sent him a message after the game, ‘Are you alright?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘100 per cent?’ ‘200 per cent.’ ‘Come on, send me a video of you without limping...’ ‘I’m only limping off.’

“So he called me from the bus and said, ‘Boss, I’m fine!’ I said, ‘Why are you limping then?’ He said, ‘My wife asked the same!’ So, yeah, that was a bit of a tricky moment but apart from that, no, all fine [for the other international players].

“Bobby is not [fit], it happened in the game [against Chelsea] obviously.

“Harvey is fine again.

“Millie, we have to see. Millie has to be part of team training yet, he was not part of team training so far, so we will see what he can do today. But he will get closer definitely.”

Klopp also explained Keita is now back on Merseyside as the Reds step up their preparations for the weekend clash at Elland Road.

“Naby is fine,” said the boss. “Yesterday he was not here [at the AXA Training Centre] but he was in Liverpool again. I will have a chat with him today, but from what I know from all the calls and talks we had, he’s fine.”

200% fit shouldn’t mean he’s only out till November 

It never was explained what jurisdiction FIFA have over the Premier League, an independent LTD-corporate structure owned by its 20 member clubs. FIFA likely didn't have a leg to stand on with the demands.