You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

58 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I think that we probably have the same proportion of contemptible scum following us as every other club.  I certainly don't think we have any claim to any moral high ground.  So when I hear of crowds singing offensive songs, I just feel depressed and resigned to it.    There are some people who are not educatable in such matters.  Their thickness, ignorance and bigotry represent unsurmountable obstacles.  Better and more effective to identify them through video evidence and ban them.  Marginalise their existence. Don't waste resources on them, they really don't deserve it.

Yes, I agree. It has taken sea change events to rid ourselves of some horrible sounds and chants both at Anfield and away grounds but, there's still an element of fans who are beyond contempt.

Opposition fans use of 'always the victim' chant really grinds my gears. It's cruel in the extreme.

• Upvote 1

On 13/09/2021 at 09:00, Razoray said:

Three, Van Dijk and Thiago in the Derby last year and the kid yesterday. All three were shocking tackles. 

Dont forget Gomez getting his leg broke by one of those  “full blooded challenges that gets the crowd up” by that moron Ben Mee

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

I got the impression the ref only sent him off after getting a word in his ear from the VAR bus

The official line is that the referee had made his decision on the pitch, but obtained confirmation that he was correct from VAR.

The Leeds cretinous fans line is that the referee hadn’t even given a free kick and only sent their player off because Klopp invaded the pitch and demanded he do so. 

I suspect the truth is closer (possibly not exactly) to the official line than the cretinous one. 

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The official line is that the referee had made his decision on the pitch, but obtained confirmation that he was correct from VAR.

The Leeds cretinous fans line is that the referee hadn’t even given a free kick and only sent their player off because Klopp invaded the pitch and demanded he do so. 

I suspect the truth is closer (possibly not exactly) to the official line than the cretinous one. 

I've not seen it back but didn't he send him off before Klopp got on the pitch?

I think it was like the Mane one at City the other year, he was sent off after the referee saw his foot hanging off. Mane only got a red at the Emptyhad once the ref saw Ederson in a pool of blood.

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I've not seen it back but didn't he send him off before Klopp got on the pitch?

I’ve not watched it back either, too squeamish, but this is the line I’m getting from some of the Leeds fans I know. They also think that if/when the red is rescinded, Klopp should be charged with entering the field of play without permission. 

This is what I have to deal with. 

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve not watched it back either, too squeamish, but this is the line I’m getting from some of the Leeds fans I know. They also think that if/when the red is rescinded, Klopp should be charged with entering the field of play without permission. 

I'd normally be like you with things like that.

But knowing that the lad is ok and it was "only" a dislocated ankle, I was able to watch it.

Complete shithouse tackle. What if he'd jumped in that way head on? Is it a red then?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Luckily I’m still WFH so I don’t have to associate with many of the jabronies.

When I picked my mate up from the station around midday, I made sure to put a mask on. Not to stop the spread of COVID19, so I could plausibly deny speaking to anybody I knew.

I put on Facebook afterwards a celebratory picture and a comment their ground is a dump, but gutted none of them took the bait.

Anyway, just brought MOTD2 up on the iPad. The ref doesn’t give a foul. He only stops play when he sees Salah waving his arms to stop the game. 

This is as far as Klopp got onto the pitch before the red card, the red card being issued and where Klopp was when it was issued. 

5093B44D-437C-48DD-B7C7-3725E905ED15.jpeg

22FB7C85-A328-4039-8B8A-4B6A7DEF2FBA.jpeg

71AF2176-122A-48A2-92B2-A0D5C8C1AAB9.jpeg

In summary, Leeds a full of shit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

When I picked my mate up from the station around midday, I made sure to put a mask on. Not to stop the spread of COVID19, so I could plausibly deny speaking to anybody I knew.

I put on Facebook afterwards a celebratory picture and a comment their ground is a dump, but gutted none of them took the bait.

Anyway, just brought MOTD2 up on the iPad. The ref doesn’t give a foul. He only stops play when he sees Salah waving his arms to stop the game. 

This is as far as Klopp got onto the pitch before the red card, the red card being issued and where Klopp was when it was issued. 

That they most certainly are. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

This is what I said at the time of the foul.  No way has this shit ref gave the red without VAR telling him.  I don't give a shit what the line was after the event the usuelass gimp wasn't even giving a foul for the two footed lunge let alone a card of any sort.

6 minutes ago, J-V said:

This is what I said at the time of the foul.  No way has this shit ref gave the red without VAR telling him.  I don't give a shit what the line was after the event the usuelass gimp wasn't even giving a foul for the two footed lunge let alone a card of any sort.

I don’t think VAR got involved. Why would he not review it before giving the red?

I think he’s seen Elliott’s ankle and taken the decision. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think VAR got involved. Why would he not review it before giving the red?

I think he’s seen Elliott’s ankle and taken the decision. 

According to NBCSN at the time Var had a word.

I don't belive he reviewed a thing especially if as you say VAR didn't get involved. I certainly don't remember him looking at the monitor.  If he has only given the red for that lunge after seeing the ankle well...

8 minutes ago, J-V said:

According to NBCSN at the time Var had a word.

I don't belive he reviewed a thing especially if as you say VAR didn't get involved. I certainly don't remember him looking at the monitor.  If he has only given the red for that lunge after seeing the ankle well...

Being at the game, I didn’t notice him review it or them say it was being reviewed.

I fully think he’s only given the red after seeing Elliott’s ankle hanging off. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Being at the game, I didn’t notice him review it or them say it was being reviewed.

I fully think he’s only given the red after seeing Elliott’s ankle hanging off. 

At the time Sky said ref had decided on RC and VAR said he was ok to go ahead with that.  

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think it was like the Mane one at City the other year, he was sent off after the referee saw his foot hanging off. Mane only got a red at the Emptyhad once the ref saw Ederson in a pool of blood.

I'm still not convinced by that one. The ball was bouncing about 4 feet in the air and both players were legitimately going for it at speed; one led with his foot, the other stooped to head it.

Still, it's done. Not going to lose sleep over it.

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Pawson walks Klopp off the pitch, then goes and gives the red card, which has got the cretins up in arms saying Klopp got him sent off.

Also heard some saying he was abusing some innocent young fans behind the dugout that's how concerned he was about his player fucking idiots.