You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

4 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

Think it's going under the radar how good we've looked since the season started especially with regards to the back 4. Van Dijk looks like hasn't been away and we've conceded 1 goal in 4 games and fairly comfortable in all games bar the first half against Chelsea. 

We wouldn't have conceded any goals, if Phillips was still in the team.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ben was unavailable at the weekend through injury for Sheffield United , I kmow I was shocked too. Has he actually played a game since he left Preston ? He must be some elaborate tax dodge 

He has played for the Blades and I've heard described by their fans as a Rolls Royce defender, so obviously VVD has rubbed off on him.

44 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Forgot to say, Elland Road is fucking shite. It’s not changed since Euro 1996. Dump. 

Down there with Selhurst Park, Watford, Burnley and Woodison as one of the worst Premiership grounds. 

It was shit in 2001 when we beat them in the FA Cup. Gone downhill from there.

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Forgot to say, Elland Road is fucking shite. It’s not changed since Euro 1996. Dump. 

Down there with Selhurst Park, Watford, Burnley and Woodison as one of the worst Premiership grounds. 

That photo you posted, the view looked absolutely awful and every stand apart from that big one they built in the early nineties looks like it belongs in the mid seventies.

No wonder they could still film the Damned United there and not change anything.

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

It was shit in 2001 when we beat them in the FA Cup. Gone downhill from there.

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It's a fucking shed and the worse ground Ive ever been to and felt intimidated. (I valued my life too much to do old trafford except for FA Cup semis.) I decided never to go to leeds ever again after I got roughed up by a couple of stewards when trying to get in to my seat on the corner stand.

Fucking cunts, hope they get relegated again.

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If we keep Matip and VVD fit you might well be right. They are unreal together. Matip has been world class so far this season. 

With Fabinho in front of them and Ali behind.

If you were an opposition forward, you'd just give up and fuck off down the pub instead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s a fucking dump and is inhabited by the largest proportion of bellends following any Club in England.

I hear your Chelsea, Millwall, United and even Everton. All have their fuckwits. As a percentage of their support, Leeds have more. 

To be fair, it was only mainly those in the Elland Rd Stand which were acting twats. The majority of the rest of the ground clapped Elliot off.

But fuck me, singing "Always The Victim..." when an 18 year old is on the ground, writhing in agony, with his ankle hanging off, really does taken some level of cuntary. 

No doubt they'll make a deal of Klopp being on the pitch talking to Pawson (a lad at work has already said this to me), but there is no excuse for that song. None. Everybody knows exactly what it means and it's not about Luis Suarez. 

Apart from the odd Liverpool supporter taking it too far, I thought we resisted any sort of below the belt retaliation. 

• Upvote 2

I think that we probably have the same proportion of contemptible scum following us as every other club.  I certainly don't think we have any claim to any moral high ground.  So when I hear of crowds singing offensive songs, I just feel depressed and resigned to it.    There are some people who are not educatable in such matters.  Their thickness, ignorance and bigotry represent unsurmountable obstacles.  Better and more effective to identify them through video evidence and ban them.  Marginalise their existence. Don't waste resources on them, they really don't deserve it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

My initial observation of Elland Road is that all 4 stands are named after dead people - Don Revie, Jack Charlton, Norman Hunter and John Charles. Says something about their recent history.

I'd like to see the reaction to the club sending an email round informing supporters they are re-naming the Don Revie stand as the Peter Risdale Stand.