You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Mane was doing his best impression of Sean Dundee yesterday in terms of finishing, it’s why we rely so heavily on Salah and last season was a prime example….

lots of points dropped simple because the front three were misfiring.

He got into some really good positions but fuck me he was poor, I think had we scored 6/7 yesterday no one would complain….

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I look at us as a team sometimes and think imagine a 19/20 year old Robbie Fowler in this team, his numbers would be insane.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

At a Leeds player. Some nobhead called Firpo a "black cunt", which made my black Scouse mate really feel part of The LFC Family©.

Unfortunately, like that guy with the Turkey flag on his phone, there will also be some bad knob heads at games. 

IMO, a rousing rendition of “Always The Victim” from the Elland Rd Stand is far worse. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Unfortunately, like that guy with the Turkey flag on his phone, there will also be some bad knob heads at games. 

IMO, a rousing rendition of “Always The Victim” from the Elland Rd Stand is far worse. 

Well, yeah, a thousand twats is worse than one twat.

Jamie Redknapp, Gary Neville and Hasslebank were all a disgrace yesterday trying to brush that off as innocuous.

It was a flying lunge tackle from behind with a scissor action. You can argue about mens rea all you want but it was extremely reckless and more than deserved a red.

• Upvote 2

On a positive note, Henderson was brilliant when he came on. With Henderson on the right side of midfield, Thiago on the left and Fabinho shielding from behind, we can match anyone in midfield. It's just the not very small matter of keeping them fit.

• Upvote 2

Every club has idiots following them, yesterday was no different….

We had lads in our end doing slit throat/stabbing gestures,singing Istanbul.

It was a small minority but doesn’t make it right, problem with some of these fucking nobheads is they get sniffed up and think they are invincible, we’ve got some bad bad cunts following us unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Given that the word innocuous literally means "harmless", anyone who uses it to describe a tackle that did serious harm is an illiterate moron.

You've got Rednapp bang to rights there.

34 minutes ago, Em City said:

On a positive note, Henderson was brilliant when he came on. With Henderson on the right side of midfield, Thiago on the left and Fabinho shielding from behind, we can match anyone in midfield. It's just the not very small matter of keeping them fit.

I thought he was shit. Played 2 good passes but I'd say he gave the ball away and committed more fouls than any other LFC player despite only playing against 10 men for 1/2 hour.

41 minutes ago, Em City said:

Jamie Redknapp, Gary Neville and Hasslebank were all a disgrace yesterday trying to brush that off as innocuous.

It was a flying lunge tackle from behind with a scissor action. You can argue about mens rea all you want but it was extremely reckless and more than deserved a red.

If Leeds appeal and the red card gets rescinded there is something seriously wrong.

As V.V posted earlier, rule 17 explicitly covers serious foul play. The 'experts' or anybody else who says otherwise are just plain wrong.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

I thought he was shit. Played 2 good passes but I'd say he gave the ball away and committed more fouls than any other LFC player despite only playing against 10 men for 1/2 hour.

Well I dont like calling any of our players 'shit' but I agree, Hendo was poor when he came on.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Does Bielsa choose to do his interviews in Spanish to piss off the media or has he genuinely not made any effort to learn English in 3 years?.

Can't remember any other foreign manager doing that, only a few players. 

I gather he can speak English but chooses to talk in Spanish.

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

If Leeds appeal and the red card gets rescinded there is something seriously wrong.

As V.V posted earlier, rule 17 explicitly covers serious foul play. The 'experts' or anybody else who says otherwise are just plain wrong.

Think I saw something that Bielsa said they wouldnt appeal it. However, noises coming from the leeds chairman and the frankly, ludicrous comments by sports media people might suggest they will.

Sky originally said VAR told Pawson to consider a red card but they later corrected that to say Pawson decided it was a red as soon as he saw it but wanted VAR to confirm it.

44 minutes ago, Em City said:

There was a later tackle that Neville was saying was identical to the red card one, despite the fact that the later tackle was much slower, more controlled and the player wasn't fucking airborne.

• Upvote 2