You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I dunno, i can see it being rescinded because there’s no real description you can give of the challenge other than it being ‘from behind’, but we see tackles from behind all the time. Was it dangerous force?  I don’t think it was particularly.  If you think about it from the other side, if it was Matip on Roberts, I’d be unsurprised to see a red, but I’d more just feel bad for all involved in what was a bit of a fluke.  
But I totally take the point that the air around ‘get stuck in’ will lead to more and more injuries, some very serious, not all will be malicious, but some will.  

Reckless and out of control

9 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Finishing aside I thought that was Sadio's best game in a long time today. His finishing was seriously bad though.

Yeah, it was weird. He looked better, which was promising but was still absolutely shocking at the same time. Should have scored 5. Hopefully netting that one at the end will help get his confidence back up.

25 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

It’s a funny one. I heard that but it wasn’t a lot of them, and many more of them gave him a proper ovation. 

I think they must have been chanting something else before “always the victim” which must have instantly tipped some of our lot over the edge, because the police were wading into the away end down the front and dragging people out while Elliot was still on the floor. 

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, it was weird. He looked better, which was promising but was still absolutely shocking at the same time. Should have scored 5. Hopefully netting that one at the end will help get his confidence back up.

Ideal opposition for him to be honest - attacking and wide open at the back with loads of space to get in behind. Most of his best moments were on the counter. I think our left side is still below par at the moment. 

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

Ideal opposition for him to be honest - attacking and wide open at the back with loads of space to get in behind. Most of his best moments were on the counter. I think our left side is still below par at the moment. 

It's gone under the radar but Robbo has been mediocre so far as well.

• Upvote 1

Though obviously he was shaken and upset by it, I think the focus on Klopp being so close to crying he couldn’t speak etc post-match will be shown in the next few days to have been somewhat misread.

Pretty sure the recklessness of that challenge, following on both from the one on Virg last year and the savage coordinated treatment Harvey came in for against Burnley, just made him absolutely fucking furious. When he said ‘I don’t think this is the moment to speak about it’ in the Sky interview, he momentarily went to start speaking but seemed to think better of doing so there and then with the emotions and adrenaline flowing. He looked livid to me, rather than how he did for example when we had just clinched the league.

This today is exactly the sort of thing he was warning about after Burnley, saying we need to be careful about these sort of challenges/approaches, when the pundit helmets were saying there was nothing wrong with any of it and just hand waving it away as him using mind games. If he doesn’t follow up on that very point in the coming days, when he’s calmer and has thought about exactly how he wants to word it, I’ll be amazed.

He was never doing that today, especially after that interview with Des Kelly last season.

• Upvote 6

Jurgen has been highlighting the ale house tackling, particularly on his players but also the PL generally for some time. But the utter twats in the media have almost to a man been calling him out as soft and to get with the programme.

He's seen two of his players now badly injured due to this ale house tackling. What Burnley got away with at Anfield recently was a joke. OK, I dont recollect any leg breakers but there was a lot of rough stuff going on. Some of the chelsea challenges that went unpunished were a joke as well. Im sure jurgen would also be horrified at any other player being injured even at a rival club so it's not just because it's Liverpool he's complaining.

This shit just has to stop. At least Pawson was always going to give a red card. Sky muppets glossing over the incident but it was so gruesome 'we're not replaying it' not only highlights their hypocrisy but also the utter bollocks they come out with.

Redknapp calling that an 'innocuous' foul? Neville saying it was a red? Watch it again in real time you blerts, it's 2 feet off the ground dive in from behind. If that isnt a red for dangerous play alone, I dont know what is.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Warnock talking absolute bollocks on MoTD saying it wasn't a red card then they show the tackle and he's off the ground  , but only for a bit according to him .

Typical MOTD shite when we are playing…It was only a couple of weeks ago they were saying a blatant handball on the line shouldn’t be a sending off

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Jurgen has been highlighting the ale house tackling, particularly on his players but also the PL generally for some time. But the utter twats in the media have almost to a man been calling him out as soft and to get with the programme.

He's seen two of his players now badly injured due to this ale house tackling. What Burnley got away with at Anfield recently was a joke. OK, I dont recollect any leg breakers but there was a lot of rough stuff going on. Some of the chelsea challenges that went unpunished were a joke as well. Im sure jurgen would also be horrified at any other player being injured even at a rival club so it's not just because it's Liverpool he's complaining.

This shit just has to stop. At least Pawson was always going to give a red card. Sky muppets glossing over the incident but it was so gruesome 'we're not replaying it' not only highlights their hypocrisy but also the utter bollocks they come out with.

Redknapp calling that an 'innocuous' foul? Neville saying it was a red? Watch it again in real time you blerts, it's 2 feet off the ground dive in from behind. If that isnt a red for dangerous play alone, I dont know what is.

Three, Van Dijk and Thiago in the Derby last year and the kid yesterday. All three were shocking tackles. 

• Upvote 1

Dickhead ketwig in our end yesterday mocking the Leeds fans who got stabbed. How can we ever take the moral high-ground when we've got twats like that following us? I know every fan-base has it's share of cunts but this lad was openly making stabbing and cut-throat gestures. Fucking dickhead

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Probably not. Saw a horrible video as I've mentioned above. I don't want to post it 

It makes it very difficult for our justified complaints about the behaviour of their morons to be heard, if some of our own indulge in the same.

Doesn't matter who started it. 

One post, with the photo, says;

“While we were applauding an injured Liverpool player off the pitch…”

Whether that’s true or not, people will believe what they want. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dickhead ketwig in our end yesterday mocking the Leeds fans who got stabbed. How can we ever take the moral high-ground when we've got twats like that following us? I know every fan-base has it's share of cunts but this lad was openly making stabbing and cut-throat gestures. Fucking dickhead

One of my mates was there and heard a Liverpool fan shouting racist abuse, too.

Not great.

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Says absolutely fuck all about the club or the other fans.  People have a real habit off slandering a whole fan base based on something someone does.

Liverpool have one of the biggest fan bases in the world.  Of course there’s going to be plenty of cunts among them.

Unfortunately us as much as anyone know all about this. Dickheads like yesterday need calling out. Turning a blind eye is almost as bad as doing it IMO 

• Upvote 3