You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

39 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it was definitely reckless and a certain red card , but I don't think it was deliberately meant to harm or ' shake the young lad up ' like Burnley did.

Leeds fans have definitely got a goodly proportion of wankers in their support , including it would seem , their Chairman , but their team are nothing like the older versions and not on my radar as a particularly dirty team.

I don't think he deliberately meant to harm him either, it was a reckless challenge and certainly wasn't innocuous as some in the media are saying.

It would be nice, just for once if the pundits said what actually happened in front of them instead of the usual Sky or BT  bollocks they usually spout trying to alter the perspective.

You're absolutely correct about Leeds, I remember the dirty sides from way back when and their modern day counterparts are choirboys compared to them.

There was some despicable chanting by some of their fans, but many had the decency and compassion to applaud Elliot off the pitch, something he appreciated because a stricken Elliot applauded them back.

Very classy that lad.

• Upvote 1

Mane was quality today and anyone who doesn't see that has an agenda.

I've seen Torres, Fowler, Suarez and Owen miss easier chances.

What made them the strikers they were was that they kept going.

Same shit Mane did today.

And he isn't even a striker!

• Upvote 14

11 minutes ago, m0e said:

Mane was quality today and anyone who doesn't see that has an agenda.

I've seen Torres, Fowler, Suarez and Owen miss easier chances.

What made them the strikers they were was that they kept going.

Same shit Mane did today.

And he isn't even a striker!

It was encouraging to see him keep going and wanting to score as a lot of times last season he was dropping his head and then completely disappearing in games.

• Upvote 1

Mane was a threat all game - he put the shits up the Leeds defenders all game and pulled them all over the place.  His finishing was way off today, but his persistence and determination got him that excellently executed goal at the end.  Compare and contrast with our missing Brazilian, who seems to play just to give the opposition the ball these days.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Mane wasn’t terrible at all. His finishing was poor but his link up attacking play was excellent and he caused the Leeds defenders a lot of problems.

Agree with that. I think his general game was good.

Nice to see that him and Mo seem to have put whatever shit happened behind them. 

I have faith Sadio will get his mojo back. Right now, it feels like he's 70% of the player he was, perhaps less. That's still a very good player.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Leeds fans singing always the victims when Elliot taken off. Northerners are thick as fuck. You expect it from Chelsea fans and the like, but the absolute bile you get from people who've been equally shit on by the blue bloods and yet sing about council houses, being victims and the likes is pathetic. No mystery at all to how Johnson stormed to the last election. Bunch of MMA T shirt wearing, wetherspoons drinking, simple Simon faced cunts.

That's the Red Wall you're talking about there.

• Upvote 1

There is no argument he was wasteful today, but it didn't cost us and a bit of poor decision making/maybe a bit of just not quite being up to speed fully yet aside, he looks to me reasonably encouraging in his general play/link up and getting into threatening positions. 

Hopefully he'll get sharper in front of goal and really be in business soon.

The Leeds player tackled from behind Elliot, trying to hook the ball away I suspect, but his trailing leg tangled with Elliot’s and his weight twisted the kid around while pinning his ankle, hence the dislocation.

You’d like to think that injury wasn’t in Struijk’s head as he made the challenge, but it was still a reckless challenge where he stood little chance of winning the ball, so a red was correct and should have been even without the injury.

What’s with the sky prick interviewing Klopp after the game? He’s tried to rile him on a few occasions now.

Klopp was definitely in turmoil when that sky interviewer poked at him for a reaction, and he did really well not to bite, but it won’t be the last we hear from him I suspect on this new “freedom” to tackle and I hope that the club let sky know, in no uncertain terms, that if they continue with their confrontational and inflammatory attempts to get a reaction from Klopp then they’ll be talking to the physio from now and can fuck off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don't think he deliberately meant to harm him either, it was a reckless challenge and certainly wasn't innocuous as some in the media are saying.

It would be nice, just for once if the pundits said what actually happened in front of them instead of the usual Sky or BT  bollocks they usually spout trying to alter the perspective.

You're absolutely correct about Leeds, I remember the dirty sides from way back when and their modern day counterparts are choirboys compared to them.

There was some despicable chanting by some of their fans, but many had the decency and compassion to applaud Elliot off the pitch, something he appreciated because a stricken Elliot applauded them back.

Very classy that lad.

I was going to say - the Leeds fans nearest to where Elliot got injured we’re definitely applauding him off.

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You guys are trying too hard with the "Mane was a danger" thing. He literally missed 3 1v1's with the keeper. 

He stretched their defence all day, same as Salah. He’s going through a rough patch in front of goal. Still, given the way these things work and the constant declarations that he’s finished, I reckon a few on here were slightly disappointed when he eventually scored. 

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He stretched their defence all day, same as Salah. He’s going through a rough patch in front of goal. Still, given the way these things work and the constant declarations that he’s finished, I reckon a few on here were slightly disappointed when he eventually scored. 

Mane always tries hard and stretches the defense. A bit like how Firmino always works his ass off and creates space but that's not enough either. It's the bare minimum. It's fine because we're winning and creating so many chances that he gets to bury his 7th one of the game in the 90th minute when the game is over but he spends the whole game making wrong decisions with the ball, taking weird touches, scuffing shots, running with his head down. He's just not very good anymore and it's pretty clear to see. Anything he does is a bonus for me now.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mane always tries hard and stretches the defense. A bit like how Firmino always works his ass off and creates space but that's not enough either. It's the bare minimum. It's fine because we're winning and creating so many chances that he gets to bury his 7th one of the game in the 90th minute when the game is over but he spends the whole game making wrong decisions with the ball, taking weird touches, scuffing shots, running with his head down. He's just not very good anymore and it's pretty clear to see. Anything he does is a bonus for me now.

Bruce-Forsyth-host-of-ITV-006.jpg

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You guys are trying too hard with the "Mane was a danger" thing. He literally missed 3 1v1's with the keeper. 

He literally didn't.

Unless your definition of a 1v1 is completely different to mine.

17 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Warnock talking absolute bollocks on MoTD saying it wasn't a red card then they show the tackle and he's off the ground  , but only for a bit according to him .

Xhaka was sent off for less a few weeks ago and all of these cunts said that was a red.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

Mane was a threat all game - he put the shits up the Leeds defenders all game and pulled them all over the place.  His finishing was way off today, but his persistence and determination got him that excellently executed goal at the end.  Compare and contrast with our missing Brazilian, who seems to play just to give the opposition the ball these days.

Yeah, Firmino did fuck all today.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Leeds fans singing always the victims when Elliot taken off. Northerners are thick as fuck. You expect it from Chelsea fans and the like, but the absolute bile you get from people who've been equally shit on by the blue bloods and yet sing about council houses, being victims and the likes is pathetic. No mystery at all to how Johnson stormed to the last election. Bunch of MMA T shirt wearing, wetherspoons drinking, simple Simon faced cunts.

It’s a funny one. I heard that but it wasn’t a lot of them, and many more of them gave him a proper ovation.