You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

When that Leeds chairman went straight into delivering the club’s official defence by immediately advocating for why it was a fair tackle - I think his opening remark was about ‘the accident’ but the dogs were barking so that might not be accurate - rather than just wishing Harvey well, I found myself lunging for volume controls for the first time in ages because unpleasant imagery and sexual swear words were pouring forth out of me. Slimy cunt.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Justice Negs said:

When that Leeds chairman went straight into delivering the club’s official defence by immediately advocating for why it was a fair tackle - I think his opening remark was about ‘the accident’ but the dogs were barking so that might not be accurate - rather than just wishing Harvey well, I found myself lunging for volume controls for the first time in ages because unpleasant imagery and sexual swear words were pouring forth out of me. Slimy cunt.

Right cunts trick wheeling him out by Sky

12 minutes ago, J-V said:

It was a cunt of a challenge.  Prick lunged in getting Elliot's left leg well before the ball putting his leg weight on Elliots left leg until he planted it on the ground.  Fucking rat.

Both feet off the ground as he's flying in. Absolute cunt's tackle.

I think it was definitely reckless and a certain red card , but I don't think it was deliberately meant to harm or ' shake the young lad up ' like Burnley did.

Leeds fans have definitely got a goodly proportion of wankers in their support , including it would seem , their Chairman , but their team are nothing like the older versions and not on my radar as a particularly dirty team.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, J-V said:

“Innocuous” though.  Watch the cunt have his red rescinded the narrative has been set.

I dunno, i can see it being rescinded because there’s no real description you can give of the challenge other than it being ‘from behind’, but we see tackles from behind all the time. Was it dangerous force?  I don’t think it was particularly.  If you think about it from the other side, if it was Matip on Roberts, I’d be unsurprised to see a red, but I’d more just feel bad for all involved in what was a bit of a fluke.  
But I totally take the point that the air around ‘get stuck in’ will lead to more and more injuries, some very serious, not all will be malicious, but some will.  

Leeds fans singing always the victims when Elliot taken off. Northerners are thick as fuck. You expect it from Chelsea fans and the like, but the absolute bile you get from people who've been equally shit on by the blue bloods and yet sing about council houses, being victims and the likes is pathetic. No mystery at all to how Johnson stormed to the last election. Bunch of MMA T shirt wearing, wetherspoons drinking, simple Simon faced cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it was definitely reckless and a certain red card , but I don't think it was deliberately meant to harm or ' shake the young lad up ' like Burnley did.

Leeds fans have definitely got a goodly proportion of wankers in their support , including it would seem , their Chairman , but their team are nothing like the older versions and not on my radar as a particularly dirty team.

I agree, thought it was reckless when it happened and deserved a red but didnt think he meant to harm him.

I've seen the tackle now. 

You can kind of see what Struijk is trying to do with his right leg/foot. A hook/block kind of tackle. But, it's his other leg that is the issue. He's left the floor with it (and, therefore, both feet) and gone right through Elliott too. It's a reckless and dangerous tackle and it's a definite red card. I don't think Struijk has set out to "do" his opponent but he's chucked in a tackle where there's a risk of injury and appears to have thought "fuck it." 

Why the fuck are they interviewing a club chairman? Who gives a flying fuck what a chairman thinks? 

As has been mentioned, the narrative (god I hate that word) was set as soon as Tyler and Neville started talking about it being an accident and that was the party line, even for Redknapp the fucking Uncle Tom. I'm not one for conspiracy (Hello watching Everton fans!) but the effort to emphasise an accident was strangely over the top.

Also, I thought Klopp - while he was emotional - was also toying over in his mind whether to respond with his head or his heart - he clearly had something to say but looks like he convinced himself to calm down and not speak in the heat of the moment. I doubt many other managers would have done the same. Great man. It'll be interesting to hear what he says in his next press conference - I think he'll dish it out. The referee was fucking shit all game, the Leeds players were cunts and the fans were absolutely brain dead.

• Upvote 2

Looking ahead to his recovery. A dislocated ankle takes 8 weeks to heal as per the Internet search engines. Add another 6 to that for another preseason and could he be back by the new year? Optimistic, so let's hope there's not too much ligament damage and its definitely better than a break.

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

Looking ahead to his recovery. A dislocated ankle takes 8 weeks to heal as per the Internet search engines. Add another 6 to that for another preseason and could he be a by the new year? Optimistic so let's hope there's not too much ligament damage and its definitely better than a break.

So, he'll be our January (like a new) signing... 

• Upvote 1