You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) - Sun 12th Sep 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Alisson; Trent, Virgil, Matip, Robertson; Henderson, Milner, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Jota

Fabinho was poor against Chelsea and in truth has not been good since the back end of last season. I’ll definitely play him back into form but from next weekend. Milner to come in for him, this game will mean a lot to him.

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

Alisson; Trent, Virgil, Matip, Robertson; Henderson, Milner, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Jota

Fabinho was poor against Chelsea and in truth has not been good since the back end of last season. I’ll definitely play him back into form but from next weekend. Milner to come in for him, this game will mean a lot to him.

So, for two games?

On 09/09/2021 at 14:38, TheHowieLama said:

I would rather see Elliott in at this point.

A Hendo, Milner, Thiago midfield feels a little sluggish.

I agree with points one and two.  Thiago plays the ball forward quicker than anyone and that certainly includes Elliott. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Elliott in for Milner or Henderson - we have a better balance to the midfield then.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

We need to beat these handsomely. My friends will consider anything under three goals a moral victory to them. I hope for 0-6 but can live with 0-4 or 0-5. 

I hope we spank them as well. But this FIFA farce will have disrupted Jurgen's planning plus them being at home in front of a crowd might make it a tall order. I'll be happy with a win where we always look comfortable rather than 'hanging on.'

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Alex_K said:

It never was explained what jurisdiction FIFA have over the Premier League, an independent LTD-corporate structure owned by its 20 member clubs. FIFA likely didn't have a leg to stand on with the demands.

The FA regulate football in England and they signed up to the rules.

33 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

The FA regulate football in England and they signed up to the rules.

The Football Association is not directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the Premier League; they are a shareholder just as there are other shareholders. That FIFA backed down suggests they cannot enforce this. PL will have been aware of the potential conflict prior to agreeing not to send players.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

The Football Association is not directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the Premier League; they are a shareholder just as there are other shareholders. That FIFA backed down suggests they cannot enforce this. PL will have been aware of the potential conflict prior to agreeing not to send players.

Don't think you've got that quite right.

From the PL site:

The Football Association (The FA) is the national governing body for football in England and is responsible for sanctioning competition Rule Books, including the Premier League's, and regulating on-field matters. It also organises The FA Cup competition, in which our 20 Member Clubs compete.

And Fifa didn't back down the countries withdrew their complaint.

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

They’ve just shown the goals on Soccer Saturday from the 2000 game when Leeds beat us 4-3 …Christ I’d forgotten how much I fucking hated David O’Leary and his League of Gentleman of nose

leeds-united-coach-oleary-p.jpg

I remember that game so well! I was working Saturdays then but had the day off , was looking forward to watching it live….

18 hours ago, Stickman said:

They’ve just shown the goals on Soccer Saturday from the 2000 game when Leeds beat us 4-3 …Christ I’d forgotten how much I fucking hated David O’Leary and his League of Gentleman of nose

What happened to him, he did pretty well getting to uefa cup and CL semis with Leeds and developing a young team. Was there a big scandal?

He’s only ever seemed to manage Villa where if I remember he kept them up, and some Middle Eastern club. Would have thought he’d have been a regular option for the PL managerial Merry go round at middle to bottom level clubs. 

18 hours ago, Stickman said:

What an absolute cunt of a game that was. O’Leary’s face and general oily, smarminess only topped by Paddy Berger getting a serious injury as they scored their 3rd or 4th goal, can’t remember which.