You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Many Saints of Newark

johnsusername

Been re-reading this - The Sopranos The Complete Book. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sopranos-Complete-Book-Brett-Martin/dp/0755317343

New Rolling Stone interview with Vera Farmiga who's playing Livia in the film:

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/vera-farmiga-many-saints-newark-interview-1216598/amp/

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just saw that, looks class but a quite astonishingly bad choice of backing track.

The track on the first trailer was even worse, sounded like something off Team America.

The Sopranos was great but any series which signs off with Don't Stop Believing... all bets are off musically.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

The track on the first trailer was even worse, sounded like something off Team America.

The Sopranos was great but any series which signs off with Don't Stop Believing... all bets are off musically.

I'll build a ramp up to your ass. 

Drive David Jensen up in there.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The sopranos has the best music of any TV series by a massive distance 

It was a bit of a mixed bag for me although I'm struggling to think of a series with great music right through. That Journey track at the end left a sour taste.

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Just saw that, looks class but a quite astonishingly bad choice of backing track.

Tbf when I first heard the intro track to sopranos I found it quite jarring.

not what I expected from a mafia show. 

but yeah this isn’t great. I’m still looking forward to it though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2021 at 08:59, JagSquared said:

Tbf when I first heard the intro track to sopranos I found it quite jarring.

not what I expected from a mafia show. 

but yeah this isn’t great. I’m still looking forward to it though.

Agreed - fucking hate that song and it doesn’t fit 

25 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not surprised. Streaming means it'll be on five-fingered tv almost immediately, and given it's a prequel to a tv show a lot of people will be happy to see it on the small screen rather than make the trip to the cinema.