an tha

January 2022 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Laughing at the reports in the national press that we may struggle to get him over bad blood with Fulham who may prefer to sell to West Ham. 

Yeah cause Fulham hold the cards with a player who contract runs out in 6 months

The bad blood that let them hold off payment for Wilson?

8 minutes ago, TheRedMachine said:

What’s being English got to do with anything?

Homegrown. And English players have inherently high market value. Having many quality young English players puts you at an advantage.

I dont get why people doubt Jurgen and his backroom staff's judgement over Traore if the club buys him. Under Jurgen we've had one big money dud, every one else has improved significantly. In any event, Jurgen may see Traore as a goal provider rather than scorer.

Traore’s goal scoring and assist stats, wherever he has played, has been poor, even in The Championship. That’s why some of us wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If we're not in for Carvalho I'll go spare. Who is he anyway and who does he play for?

You don't know? Pffft I'm a huge fan, been following him since In May 2020, Carvalho signed his first professional contract with Fulham, signing a two-year deal.[2]

• Upvote 5

Traore at £50m, no way; Traore at £18m, yeah I'd take it. Klopp obviously thinks he can do something with him and he'd be a good alternative.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The only way I'd sign Troare is if we need someone in the shower room to roll up a towel and whip players arses.

Now this .... This I can fap to... - Sexual Picard | Make a Meme

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheRedMachine said:

What’s being English got to do with anything?

Because we have issues with the home grown quota, especially with Milner,Ox,Phillips all possibly off soon

We wouldn't want Traore  to score or assist just to create mayhem. Ten minutes to go, passing it aimlessly between our midfielders in front of a packed defence, waiting for the next Henderson lofted cross to the far post - it's Adama time. 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

You don't know? Pffft I'm a huge fan, been following him since In May 2020, Carvalho signed his first professional contract with Fulham, signing a two-year deal.[2]

I've watched him play for Fulham whenever they have appeared on Songs Of Praise and I have to say Gloria Hunniford has aged well.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

We won't. Carvalho will be for the summer. We're not signing Traore.

It'd make sense to get Carvalho in now so he can acclimatise. Fulham won't like it, but it looks like they'll get promotion regardless with the form of Mitrovic and Wilson.

Just now, Boss said:

It'd make sense to get Carvalho in now so he can acclimatise. Fulham won't like it, but it looks like they'll get promotion regardless with the form of Mitrovic and Wilson.

Fulham don't have a reason to sell. They'll get a tribunal eventually even if they have to let him go for free this summer.

Adama Traore has just signed up to the Common Goal foundation to donate a portion of his salary to charity. Klopp's also a part of the foundation. Read of that what you will.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

Adama Traore has just signed up to the Common Goal foundation to donate a portion of his salary to charity. Klopp's also a part of the foundation. Read of that what you will.

I'm sure Spurs supporters will appreciate the charitable nature of their new player.

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

Klopp also buys his Doritos from Tesco like me. My contract should be sorted in the next few days.

• Upvote 1